What's new

What is left in Creams for me?

+1.. Your inferior and NBA list rounds up some of the best regarded creams on the net.

Like I said, MMMVFY. The creams I regard highly provide me with consistent BBS with no cuts or irritations, have a scent pleasant to my nose and leave my particular face moisterized, the ones on my usable list are either less moisterizing or lack the requisite slickness/cushionyness to provide consisitent BBS, the ones on my crap list just suck for me.

My best creams run from spendy (BB and Floris) to semi spendy (T&H) to mid range (Trumpers) to cheap (Speick). Its all about the shave. I bet ya lots of folks would trade me cremo even up for Floris

Arko & Indian Old Spice from ebay...

I just received a tube of Arko Maximum Comfort from Turkey for < $6. Nice fresh, citrusy scent and awesome lather.

Fitjar...yesss.....have you used it? Is there a Finnish shaving cream.....?

I have not used Fitjar, but there are a few reviews on this site. It's generally highly rated even when considering its price. I really need to get me some, to support my local soap maker.

I haven't heard of Finnish creams, but people also rate Russian creams very highly. That is, if you can get your hands on them.

ð

Like I said, MMMVFY. The creams I regard highly provide me with consistent BBS with no cuts or irritations, have a scent pleasant to my nose and leave my particular face moisterized, the ones on my usable list are either less moisterizing or lack the requisite slickness/cushionyness to provide consisitent BBS, the ones on my crap list just suck for me.

You're absolutely right there. If some thing works for you, then it just works.

One observation, it appears that you really like the softer creams (e.g., Penhaligons, Trumpers) and don't favor the "croaps" (AdP, SMN, RazoRock)

Give Nancy Boy Signature Cream a try. IMHO, it is a truly superior product at a reasonable price. About $19 per tub.

One observation, it appears that you really like the softer creams (e.g., Penhaligons, Trumpers) and don't favor the "croaps" (AdP, SMN, RazoRock)

Softer creams seem to moisterize my face more. In fact I can get a bettter shave out of canned Barbasol than out of some on my Inferior and below list. My expectations in a fun and relaxing shave is to come out with basically perfect BBS everytime. My cream choices are the ones that help me achieve those expectations.

I would note too that the softer creams speed up the shaving process for face latherers. Rather than make lathermountains in a cup or worry about moisture/product ratios, you merely lay the product on your flicked outbrush and scrub away at your face working those yummy chemicals and parabens into your quivering with fear hairs before you start flailing away with your razor

If you're not sensitive to lanolin, give Godrej a chance. Won't cost much to try it. You can find it on Amazon. I like both the original and the menthol mist. I hear the lime is good too.

I second the Godrej... plus it's got the parabens he desires ;) LOL

Arko cream isn't bad either, but comparing the two directly I think the Godrej lather is better and the scent (compared the lemon version of both side-by-side) is more natural.

Both on the softer side.

Not sure how the Musago Real made it to the bottom of his list, though. Good performer for me all the way around, although it's not my favorite scent, it's more than usable.

Both ARKO and DERBY make some creams that are highly regarded. I haven't tried them myself ... but its on my list.

I have both of those in various fragrances and love them both. Shopping now for more at the LOW low cost I bought my present supply for.

Not sure how the Musago Real made it to the bottom of his list, though. Good performer for me all the way around, although it's not my favorite scent, it's more than usable.

Simple. Not enough moisterizer. Its a low end cream thats truly low end, unlike Speick, which performs above its price point. YMMV

Simple. Not enough moisterizer. Its a low end cream thats truly low end, unlike Speick, which performs above its price point. YMMV

Funny how different chemicals can affect different skins in such opposite ways. I used Speick cream a couple of times and gave it away. Loved the scent, but it was winter at that time and it really dried my face out, MR left it "OK" Not above average, not even really acceptable to go without a moisturizer, but it was OK. The scent was really nice, though, and ended up getting a shave stick of the soap which I liked better.

i am afraid to even suggest something based on the NBA and other lists... but i was going to suggest Ak1869, but i see the jury is still out...

and although i haven't tried CF, wowsers...

what was it about AdP (tube or tub) that you didn't like? scent, lathe, moisture?

i though KMF is a very weak contender... and I like the AOS soap better than the cream.

DC1913 seems to get great reviews.. if you can find it...

It looks like several people here are calling for KMF. I haven't tried it, but you can find it at Natural Pantry. I might have to try it; can't beat the price.

Top Bottom