Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is left in Creams for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Oblique Human View Post
    +1.. Your inferior and NBA list rounds up some of the best regarded creams on the net.
    Like I said, MMMVFY. The creams I regard highly provide me with consistent BBS with no cuts or irritations, have a scent pleasant to my nose and leave my particular face moisterized, the ones on my usable list are either less moisterizing or lack the requisite slickness/cushionyness to provide consisitent BBS, the ones on my crap list just suck for me.

My best creams run from spendy (BB and Floris) to semi spendy (T&H) to mid range (Trumpers) to cheap (Speick). Its all about the shave. I bet ya lots of folks would trade me cremo even up for Floris

Quote Originally Posted by eth View Post
    I second on Edwin Jagger/Mühle creams. Don't see D.R. Harris on any list either. Fitjar might interest you too.

ğ

Fitjar...yesss.....have you used it? Is there a Finnish shaving cream.....?

Arko & Indian Old Spice from ebay...

I just received a tube of Arko Maximum Comfort from Turkey for < $6. Nice fresh, citrusy scent and awesome lather.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Fitjar...yesss.....have you used it? Is there a Finnish shaving cream.....?
    I have not used Fitjar, but there are a few reviews on this site. It's generally highly rated even when considering its price. I really need to get me some, to support my local soap maker.

I haven't heard of Finnish creams, but people also rate Russian creams very highly. That is, if you can get your hands on them.

ğ
    ğ --- The object of shaving is shaving

5. Default

Have you tried Irisch mood? I have a tube I want to get rid of. I tried it twice, irritates my skin.
    -Phil

Images

Quote Originally Posted by thubbard76 View Post
    Agreed. I'd love to make some suggestions, but your tastes in product are a mystery to me.

I'll be watching to see what other folks suggest, though.
    exactly what I thought; AOS, O Melhor, hope he knows Cremo is latherless.
    Tabacaholic since 1976

Rawalpindi, Pakistan (with CONUS address)
    Images

Like I said, MMMVFY. The creams I regard highly provide me with consistent BBS with no cuts or irritations, have a scent pleasant to my nose and leave my particular face moisterized, the ones on my usable list are either less moisterizing or lack the requisite slickness/cushionyness to provide consisitent BBS, the ones on my crap list just suck for me.
    You're absolutely right there. If some thing works for you, then it just works.

One observation, it appears that you really like the softer creams (e.g., Penhaligons, Trumpers) and don't favor the "croaps" (AdP, SMN, RazoRock)

Give Nancy Boy Signature Cream a try. IMHO, it is a truly superior product at a reasonable price. About $19 per tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    Have you tried Irisch mood? I have a tube I want to get rid of. I tried it twice, irritates my skin.
    Its been a long time and I have no real experience with it...want a 1/4 tube of El Mehlor in exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by mftoms59 View Post
    He does know. Nuetrog is also latherless, Mehlor is bi-latherexual
    Last edited by Wildalaska; 04-29-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mftoms59 View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that ...
    DIY Signature Kit. Some Assembly Required.
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456790

Quote Originally Posted by vegasvics View Post
    One observation, it appears that you really like the softer creams (e.g., Penhaligons, Trumpers) and don't favor the "croaps" (AdP, SMN, RazoRock)
    Softer creams seem to moisterize my face more. In fact I can get a bettter shave out of canned Barbasol than out of some on my Inferior and below list. My expectations in a fun and relaxing shave is to come out with basically perfect BBS everytime. My cream choices are the ones that help me achieve those expectations.

I would note too that the softer creams speed up the shaving process for face latherers. Rather than make lathermountains in a cup or worry about moisture/product ratios, you merely lay the product on your flicked outbrush and scrub away at your face working those yummy chemicals and parabens into your quivering with fear hairs before you start flailing away with your razor

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kpg102 View Post
    If you're not sensitive to lanolin, give Godrej a chance. Won't cost much to try it. You can find it on Amazon. I like both the original and the menthol mist. I hear the lime is good too.
    I second the Godrej... plus it's got the parabens he desires ;) LOL

Arko cream isn't bad either, but comparing the two directly I think the Godrej lather is better and the scent (compared the lemon version of both side-by-side) is more natural.

Both on the softer side.

Not sure how the Musago Real made it to the bottom of his list, though. Good performer for me all the way around, although it's not my favorite scent, it's more than usable.
    Brian - I think it would be totally inappropriate for me to even contemplate what I am thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dpm802 View Post
    Both ARKO and DERBY make some creams that are highly regarded. I haven't tried them myself ... but its on my list.
    I have both of those in various fragrances and love them both. Shopping now for more at the LOW low cost I bought my present supply for.
    Daily shavers:Mekur 34C; Edwin Jager DE89L; Mekur 23C; Muhle R89

Quote Originally Posted by bkfist View Post
    Not sure how the Musago Real made it to the bottom of his list, though. Good performer for me all the way around, although it's not my favorite scent, it's more than usable.

Simple. Not enough moisterizer. Its a low end cream thats truly low end, unlike Speick, which performs above its price point. YMMV

Images

Simple. Not enough moisterizer. Its a low end cream thats truly low end, unlike Speick, which performs above its price point. YMMV
    Funny how different chemicals can affect different skins in such opposite ways. I used Speick cream a couple of times and gave it away. Loved the scent, but it was winter at that time and it really dried my face out, MR left it "OK" Not above average, not even really acceptable to go without a moisturizer, but it was OK. The scent was really nice, though, and ended up getting a shave stick of the soap which I liked better.
    Brian - I think it would be totally inappropriate for me to even contemplate what I am thinking about.

Images

i am afraid to even suggest something based on the NBA and other lists... but i was going to suggest Ak1869, but i see the jury is still out...

and although i haven't tried CF, wowsers...

what was it about AdP (tube or tub) that you didn't like? scent, lathe, moisture?

i though KMF is a very weak contender... and I like the AOS soap better than the cream.

DC1913 seems to get great reviews.. if you can find it...
    --Jon. "Love me some 14s"

what was it about AdP (tube or tub) that you didn't like? scent, lathe, moisture?
    It was neither slick nor moisterizing enough

Images

It looks like several people here are calling for KMF. I haven't tried it, but you can find it at Natural Pantry. I might have to try it; can't beat the price.
    But we'll dance in the dark and they'll play with our lives - David Bowie