Thread: Pro-Q BBQ Stacker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Default Pro-Q BBQ Stacker

Has anyone ever used one of these in conjunction with a Weber Smokey Mountain? I have an event coming up and I'm not sure if the 18.5 will have be large enough for the amount of meat I would like to smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfDIlH0euHA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What somebody needs to make is something similar that turns a standard 22" Weber grill into a smoker.
    Chris

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Images

I had the ProQ unit as my first BBQ and it worked great. It was not a Weber though. The metal is painted not powder coated and the bits and pieces are a little less than optimal. I would say that this does offer the expansion that you need at a fair price.

I do not see why using one of these on a weber grill would not be useful Chris?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

I do not see why using one of these on a weber grill would not be useful Chris?
    Does the diameter match up? I thought it was meant to expand a weber smoker? In any event, I'll probably add a smoker some time this summer in any event.
    Chris

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsofboo View Post
    Has anyone ever used one of these in conjunction with a Weber Smokey Mountain? I have an event coming up and I'm not sure if the 18.5 will have be large enough for the amount of meat I would like to smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfDIlH0euHA
    Overall looks like a good unit, the only gripe I would have is the way the lid fits on top of the stacker.
    If they were available over here I would probably get one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
    Does the diameter match up? I thought it was meant to expand a weber smoker? In any event, I'll probably add a smoker some time this summer in any event.
    I am sure it would not be a perfect fit. Just some redneck engineering required.

What BBQ are you thinking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have...google "Smokenator 1000". Works great. I've also owned the WSM - fantastic unit, too much work unless cooking for a crowd or doing brisket overnight.