What's new

shea moisture brush no longer badger

it costs under ten bucks... your phone call to complain will cost as much.

mine's badger anyhow

Really, a $10 phone call? Apparently this board has way different opportunity costs than I understand. A 2 day fence job is "free" but a 5-10 minute call is $10.

It was obviously hyperbole.

Call if it makes you feel better, but it is futile and of little consequence anyhow. Maybe they will send you a check for your 10 dollars back.

yes, i used to think obvious hyperbole was obvious and i still do now. i was just teasing the forum...

i almost didn't start the thread, forget about calling someone, but i didn't want someone to think they were till getting 100% badger.

The thing is, I bet that the theory that they are just using up existing packaging is probably valid, and I also think that MOST people who buy their brush at target are probably either not really going to care, OR will move to a brush that costs more than 10 bucks if they get into the whole brush/cream/DE movement.

I suspect that most people who buy their primary brush at target don't have any idea that "pure badger" means anything at all... what say you?

i disagree, as many are likely getting because of recommendations from online forums, such as this one.

Who is recommending a 10 dollar brush of questionable materials to beginners?

I think that most people who take advice from an online forum such as this one are way more likely to purchase from westcoastshaving or another of the vendors who are so frequently mentioned here.

Speaking for myself, my first brush was the target brush, but it was a gift from my girl, who doesn't know or care much about that stuff.

I could be wrong though.

I also suspect that the shea moisture people aren't making the brushes anyhow. They most likely are nothing more than a marketing company that designs packaging and sources the brushes from China, and the Chinese made the switch without properly informing the marketers (shea moisture shaving) anyhow. They probably were as surprised to hear about it as you.

Who is recommending a 10 dollar brush of questionable materials to beginners?

up until recently it wasn't "of questionable materials", it was black badger, so it was an inexpensive intro to brushes...

I think that most people who take advice from an online forum such as this one are way more likely to purchase from westcoastshaving or another of the vendors who are so frequently mentioned here.
i don't know about that, maybe some, but i bought quite (20+) a few SM brushes for people whose target didn't have them... and quite a few were able to source them themselves. I know other member did so here as well.

Speaking for myself, my first brush was the target brush, but it was a gift from my girl, who doesn't know or care much about that stuff.
i bought one for myself also as it wasn't too much of a investment compared to a $30 -$50 simpsons from online..

I could be wrong though.
maybe

I also suspect that the shea moisture people aren't making the brushes anyhow. They most likely are nothing more than a marketing company that designs packaging and sources the brushes from China, and the Chinese made the switch without properly informing the marketers (shea moisture shaving) anyhow. They probably were as surprised to hear about it as you.

i doubt that SM didn't know the brushes changed... SM isn't "Shea Moisture Shaving" they are Shea Moisture a companies whose products are organic bath, body and hair lines and the brush is likely a one-off accessory, they deal with walmart, target and walgreens exclusively so it seems..

I just bought this one at Target for about $8 this weekend. I'm a noob and don't have a clue whether it is Badger or Synthetic, but the bristles are much darker than the ones in the photos above. $125.jpg

Top Bottom