What's new

Avon for men..

I got to try several samples of Avon's scents for Men recently. I believe there were 4: Blue Rush, RPM, Driven and Tomorrow.

The first 3, Blue Rush, RPM and Driven were very similar. Blue Rush was the lightest of the 3, had a very "Sport" kind of scent. RPM and Driven were very, how do you guys describe it.. "metro" ? (I call it "mall" - smells like something some lady in Dillards would try to spray on you). None of the first 3 were "bad" - just nothing about them really stood out.

Now, the last one.. Tomorrow (or, the full name: "Today, Tomorrow, Always") was something else. Really, nothing like any cologne I've ever tried.. but I thought it might appeal to some of the folks around here. It had a very spicy, almost powdery or maybe even cinnamon scent to it. Here's how Avon describes it:

"A seductive oriental scent enriched with cocoa, amber and sensual patchouli"

If there's any way you can get a sample of this from an Avon rep you know, try it out. They have a nice gift set that runs about $20..

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...vel2_id=309&pdept_id=375&dept_id=&pf_id=32190

Also, it apparently won the Fragrance Foundation "Fragrance of the Year" award in 2006.

I guess, the thing is, I haven't tried a full "product" yet, but I loved the sample. It was just different than all those mall or sport scents that are out there.. I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

-Mason (not affiliated with Avon in any way)

I actually like the Blue Rush, even though it's not really my kind of scent. It doesn't last, though. Most of their fragrances are indeed too "modern" and metro for my tastes.

I think the Wild Country would be right up some people here's alley. I use the aftershave and it reminds me a good bit of Clubman with a sweeter touch.

I've been meaning to try Tomorrow. I think it's their longest running fragrance, too.

As for their other products, their deodorant is about the best value one can get. $0.99 gets you almost prescription strength stuff in a 1.7oz roll-on. The scented ones are pretty strong scent-wise, but they offer unscented as well.

Top Bottom