What's new

I got the RADS.

I've seen worse. :) I remodeled my bathroom after three weeks...
I think I recall your comments about that in here (someone who joined about when I did, anyway). Didn't we hear back that several members had performed some level or other of remodelling (whether directly connected to shaving as a hobby or not)?

AAAHHHHHH! RADS strikes again! Just picked up a minty krona and a r41! Somebody stop me! Don't you try to stop me!

Nice pickup on the Krona.

I'm noticing my RAD, after running wild for a few weeks, dying down. Thought I had 31 razors. Just counted; only 28 (unless I've got some stashed somewhere that I've forgotten). Still open to acquiring more but it doesn't seem all that important and I only want them at the right price. Just gave one to my fiance. Looking forward to giving another to my dad. Will probably PIF something soon. Finding a lot of joy in that. And when I'm out in the world and someone tells me they have their grandfather's old razor, I find myself saying, "Don't sell it. It's worth more to you than it could ever be worth to me." That feels really good too, particularly if they open to using it or the possibility of a child using it one day.

All the gentlemanly behavior one finds aroud here -- well, I find those impulses growing within me. Perhaps this hobby brings out the best in us.

Nice pickup on the Krona.

I'm noticing my RAD, after running wild for a few weeks, dying down. Thought I had 31 razors. Just counted; only 28 (unless I've got some stashed somewhere that I've forgotten). Still open to acquiring more but it doesn't seem all that important and I only want them at the right price. Just gave one to my fiance. Looking forward to giving another to my dad. Will probably PIF something soon. Finding a lot of joy in that. And when I'm out in the world and someone tells me they have their grandfather's old razor, I find myself saying, "Don't sell it. It's worth more to you than it could ever be worth to me." That feels really good too, particularly if they open to using it or the possibility of a child using it one day.

All the gentlemanly behavior one finds aroud here -- well, I find those impulses growing within me. Perhaps this hobby brings out the best in us.
Hey Para. Glad your RAD fever is dying down. My fever's still around 102 degrees F.

My bathroom's too small to remodel but I'm searching for a wall cabinet or old piece of furniture to put all my shave gear in. It has to have the right character befitting the items it will hold.

I understand about the "gentlemanly" behavior. Seems to bring out a strong sense of giving and kindness. I've been the recipient of that good "energy" and, like you, I want to give back to my fellow blood brothers.

Hey Para. Glad your RAD fever is dying down. My fever's still around 102 degrees F.

My bathroom's too small to remodel but I'm searching for a wall cabinet or old piece of furniture to put all my shave gear in. It has to have the right character befitting the items it will hold.

I understand about the "gentlemanly" behavior. Seems to bring out a strong sense of giving and kindness. I've been the recipient of that good "energy" and, like you, I want to give back to my fellow blood brothers.

Don't get me wrong, Jeff. If I hear of a razor lying around for the taking, my blood pressure surges. The other day I heard of a cased 1940s Superspeed someone had seen in an antique store for $9. Dropped everything to rush over there. Managed to get it for $7. But the thrill of the kill is dying down. Now if I heard of a Bottom Dial or a Red Dot or a President waiting to be claimed, the thrill would be right up there with my first score.

Don't get me wrong, Jeff. If I hear of a razor lying around for the taking, my blood pressure surges. The other day I heard of a cased 1940s Superspeed someone had seen in an antique store for $9. Dropped everything to rush over there. Managed to get it for $7. But the thrill of the kill is dying down. Now if I heard of a Bottom Dial or a Red Dot or a President waiting to be claimed, the thrill would be right up there with my first score.
Para, I do miss your antique/junk store shopping spree stories. I was living the joy vicariously!

Did I hear RADS? :straight:
proxy.php

I knew a guy who collected barber chairs. He had the space for it...his car collection was inside his house too...so I figure there's more extreme obsessions.

Top Bottom