What's new

Nancy Boy reviews

I recently received and tried out the NB signature and replenishing creams as well as the cooling after shave gel and replenishing balms:

signature cream: lathers well, minimal scent, great smooth shave
replenishing cream: strong cucumber smell, lathers well, very good shave. didn't feel as great as the signature although that may be due to the razor

cooling gel: unlike the Jack black cooling gel, this one actually has a cooling efect. it also has a slight lavendar scent that lingers. not too floral, just smells "clean" as my wife said.

replenishing AS: too strong on the cucumber for me, but more importantly it left my face feeling sort of sticky.

Bottom line: Signature shave cream and cooling gel are now in the rotation along with proraso cream. Replenishing cream goes to the wife's legs.

I plan on posting my reviews of GFT, T&H and TOBS sampler packs int he next few days.

i keep checking the nancyboy site.....i think that means i am curious about their creams.....just havent pulled the trigger yet since i have a dozen others that still need to be used.

I'm a big fan of almost all the Nancy Boy products I've tried. The replenishing cream is one of my top three creams. I get great shaves from it and it leaves my face feeling really healthy.

I haven't tried the cooling gel because my skin is too sensitive for peppermint anything, but I actually do like the replenishing aftershave gel. I only find it sticky when I use too much. Today I used just a tiny bit, and it worked quite well. I'd recommend that anybody else trying that gel to use a lot less than you think you need - a little goes a long way.

I can also recommend a few of their other products: the mild facial cleanser is excellent, and so is the replenishing facial moisturizer (more of that cucumber smell, which I like, but not as strong a scent as with the aftershave gel.)

Joining their Club Nancy Boy saves you 15% on everything, all the time. Plus, they always have extra free stuff if you spend over $50.

Good company with fine customer service, too.

Nick

I'm a big fan too. I have used both travel tubs of Signature and Replenishing.

I have a tub of Signature cream and a bottle of the AS gel for use in 2013. i'm trying to use up a few other products first, but i'm itching to use them.

their bath bars are very nice too. I got big free bar with my last order and it has lasted a very long time, smells great and is nice on my skin.

Agree with everything said. The Signature Shaving cream is in my regular rotation. Great product. The Replenishing gel leaves a gooey film. It is not for me. On the other hand the Replenishing Facial Moisturizer is so good I use it as my post-shave balm. The cucumber scent leaves me smelling a bit like a garden salad for a few minutes, but the scent passes very quickly. Their stuff is also reasonably priced if you join the club(no reason not to join. it is free.) If I remember correctly, it takes a $100 purchase to get free shipping. There is plenty of stuff on their site to hit the $100 mark without too much trouble. My wife is very fond of their essential oil scents as well as their candles. One order every 6 months or so seems to take care of our needs.

I have a tub of Signature cream and a bottle of the AS gel for use in 2013. i'm trying to use up a few other products first, but i'm itching to use them.

I thought you were quitting brucered. This place is confusing, hard to keep track of who's coming and who's going.:confused1:confused1

Sorry for the hijack, OP.

Nancy boy signature shaving cream was one of the first creams I tried when switching to wet shaving. I have since tried 15 or so other creams, including T&H, Castle Forbes, Penhaligons and Trumpers. I just recently reordered the NB signature and can now say with assurance it's my favorite cream. The scent, performance, post shave feel are all top notch!

Top Bottom