What's new

In search of my perfect ASB

The best Balms I have tried are from Saint Charles Shave and IMO top quality at low cost. My favorite is the Sandalwood Balm.

I am not a huge fan of Balms, but when I have used them, I have found some of the lower end stuff to be quite acceptable: the Gillette Balms, Mennen Afta original, and Avon's Aftershave Conditioner.

The Avon Aftershave Conditioner can be had for next to nothing on sale, and they have matching colognes too.

I'll pile on as a fan of Avon's ASC line, which is a great value. All of them have gentle scents, and contain face-friendly ingredients (glycerine, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol and the obligatory aloe). Some of them contain additional "luxury" ingredients (beeswax, allantoin), notably the Wild Country and Mesmerize ASCs.

I visited the Pendergrass Flea Market (which was an unexpectedly sweet set-up, though a bit light on antique items for my taste), and found no less that four different vendors selling current and recently-discontinued Avon products in quantity at deep discounts. They certainly churn the product line regularly, since I found a ton of named ASCs with the "luxury ingredients" that are no longer made (examples: Blue Line, RPM, Signature). I filled a bag and got an even sweeter price (somewhere in the neighborhood of $1-$1.50 each).

Top Bottom