What's new

Classy Chinese razor (not GD...)

Here's a very nice "Lark" Chinese razor. The quality appears to be quite a few steps above GDs.

The only other one I know of belongs to Paco.

I'm looking forward to honing this baby up!

Attachments

• $P1020473.jpg
    $P1020473.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 374
  • $lark 2.jpg
    $lark 2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 375
  • $tip.jpg
    $tip.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 373
I've seen them before on the bay, but never pulled the trigger. I look forward to hearing you're thought's on it.

i find mine to be a high quality excellent shaver... except for the pinning which is crappy at best... i will repin it shortly but i have a list of other stuff first....

i got mine off the bay for 50$ shipped.......

i would buy another....

proxy.php

From the pictures it seems like the shoulders are on the big side. Does it have the same shoulder problem the gold dollar's have (shoulders so big you have to grind them away before being able to easily hone them)???

From the pictures it seems like the shoulders are on the big side. Does it have the same shoulder problem the gold dollar's have (shoulders so big you have to grind them away before being able to easily hone them)???

No, there is no problem whatsoever with the shoulder on the Lark. It is a classic double stabilizer grind, with proper heel rounding.

People see what they want to see, I guess. If I posted a pic of, say this razor, and said it was made in China, most would likely point out the outrageous heel/shoulder problems, etc, etc.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
That's an interesting razor at that price point. It is approaching the price of a Dovo Best. The Chinese have access to a lot of natural scale materials...the same razor in horn under a 100.00 might sell well.

Hey, that's not bad at all ...

Hell, a simple re-pin and a bit of polish would even step it up a notch.

Legion

Staff member
No, there is no problem whatsoever with the shoulder on the Lark. It is a classic double stabilizer grind, with proper heel rounding.

People see what they want to see, I guess. If I posted a pic of, say this razor, and said it was made in China, most would likely point out the outrageous heel/shoulder problems, etc, etc.

proxy.php

Ill give you $50 for that one.

Top Bottom