What's new

Where to by locally?

Hey gents,

I live in Louisville, KY and am wondering if there are any place to buy shaving supplies locally. I know the online option is often the best way to go, but I would love to support a local shop if at all possible.

Also, I travel a lot for business. I am currently in Detroit. I wonder if there are any shops here? Can someone tell me how to find shaving shops in various cities, but specifically those two?

Hey gents,

I live in Louisville, KY and am wondering if there are any place to buy shaving supplies locally. I know the online option is often the best way to go, but I would love to support a local shop if at all possible.

Also, I travel a lot for business. I am currently in Detroit. I wonder if there are any shops here? Can someone tell me how to find shaving shops in various cities, but specifically those two?

Crabtree and Evelyn are just about everywhere, look for them in shopping malls. They carry some decent creams and soaps, and rebranded Edwin Jagger brushes. Wal Mart and Target are everywhere and sometimes carry Van Der Hagen products and blades. CVS and Walgreens carry blades and after shave products.

Maison Edwards in Ann Arbor.. about 35 miles from Detroit.. they carry Kent Brushes, Penhaligons, Merkur, Truefit & Hill, Trumpers, & Proraso lines to name a few products... All I can remember off the top of my head....

Rite Aid carries real shaving company. You can also find decent creams at bath and body works and body shop. Art of Shaving is in many big cities.

Natural foods stores sell kiss my face creams, potassium alum, and witch hazel.

You might find a local soapmaker who makes shaving soaps. Some cutlery and cigar shops sell shaving stuff.

The VDH kit from target and the badger brush is pretty decent for starting out.

You can try beauty supply shops such as Sally Beauty. SB doesn't list much for shaving supplies on their web site and what is available locally will probably be dependant on the size of the store. I have seen several Pinaud products, a few aftershaves, shavettes, and blades. It's all utilitarian stuff, not top shelf products. I haven't checked out other similar stores, but assume there are some.

Top Bottom