What's new

Kanayama Strop Review

OK so order is placed... spent weeks drooling over the 9000 but after reading the reviews, and mulling it over I figured I'd get 2 #3s and have a back up and all for 2/3 the price of a 9000.

since it's all about the leather not the linen I think the 3 was def the smart choice, and the 2nd strop- well that was just plain ole OCD disguised as future planning.

so the mailman waiting game begins. damn you B&B :)

OK so order is placed... spent weeks drooling over the 9000 but after reading the reviews, and mulling it over I figured I'd get 2 #3s and have a back up and all for 2/3 the price of a 9000.

since it's all about the leather not the linen I think the 3 was def the smart choice, and the 2nd strop- well that was just plain ole OCD disguised as future planning.

so the mailman waiting game begins. damn you B&B :)

I did the same

After weeks of drooling I now have a #3 in the mail too. You guys are just a bunch of enablers; wetshaving is supposed to save you money, remember?...

If Doc get $xxfor each strop sold from this review, he will soon have a One of a kind made for him )
If I ordered one? Sure did! He's a very helpfull guy and nice to talk with.

I emailed Tasheki and mentioned a few of you by name as being 100% responsible for my purchase today - maybe at least a future discount for you guys??

"Boom-Chikki-Boom-Boom" or so I hear.

I emailed Tasheki and mentioned a few of you by name as being 100% responsible for my purchase today - maybe at least a future discount for you guys??

"Boom-Chikki-Boom-Boom" or so I hear.

Yes, wait until you use it. You'll know what I mean.

Always happy to spend money-specially someone if it's not mine

well, one things for sure, when the apocalypse comes, we'll all have plenty of shaving gear!! teehee

and now that I've chomped on this 'bit' (sorry, had to throw in a horse reference) I just ordered my *first* coti to boot. (and I say first because i know enough from reading B&B to know it likely won't be my last)

<shaking head>

After weeks of drooling I now have a #3 in the mail too. You guys are just a bunch of enablers; wetshaving is supposed to save you money, remember?...

I think I said the #3 is the deal of the year. Fiind a piece of real linen to get the third component and you have it made. Full disclosure I still on look at my kanayamas and strop with my Tony Miller setup. Steerhide/novotan/cotton/linen/cotton croc.

just heard from Takeshi, as he's shipping my #3 strops today... and I wanted to pass his words along:

they have only 1 90k left in stock, though he has a number of #3s left (and he too thinks the #3 is the way to go for value and for daily use - same leather as the 90k, jut different thickness and, as you know, none of the linen add ons)

he's not sure what models he will be ordering next or what would be available, or when he'll be getting more but he's working on it.

he's very grateful to B&B for recommending the strops and his yahoo store to each other.

and says arigato gozaimasu

what a true gentleman

You're going to love it Josh. Awesome strops. Shipping is quick from him too so the pain of waiting won't be too long.

thanks David!!

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm becoming pavlovian. My dogs bark, I instinctively check the front door.

sheesh :)

You guys were disgustingly easy. It took me 16 pages before I bought mine just now. I should teach a class on gentlemenly restraint.

they've arrived yesterday!! and they are indeed gorgeous and supple and smooth and I'm utterly impressed by the beauty of the hide. no blemishes, no marks, both perfect in everyway -even indicated as such stamped by the maker :)

the hardware is not as flimsy as it looks, and is actually quite a classy touch to the simplicity of the strop itself.

these truly are works of art - tragic to think he's no apprentice to inherit his skills....

thanks for the recommendation gentlemen!

they've arrived yesterday!! and they are indeed gorgeous and supple and smooth and I'm utterly impressed by the beauty of the hide. no blemishes, no marks, both perfect in everyway -even indicated as such stamped by the maker :)

the hardware is not as flimsy as it looks, and is actually quite a classy touch to the simplicity of the strop itself.

these truly are works of art - tragic to think he's no apprentice to inherit his skills....

thanks for the recommendation gentlemen!
How the the maiden stropping?

Top Bottom