What's new

Kanayama Strop Review

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Magnum PI never seemed to have any problems with Oahu traffic with his Ferrari....

Kent, I think you need a new car too....

There was hardly any traffic here 25 years ago, except for rush hour 330-6:30.

Now that Seraphim got a the ball rolling and with his great persuasion convinced lot of you to order the 30, Takeshi at AFramesTokyo is thinking of ordering a few 6000s.

Question is, would you prefer:

full #80000 Kanoyama strops (comes with 3 pieces
L600mm W65mm(~66mm) Cordovan T4-5mm, and Canvas strop, and Suede strop)--------------$273.00

#80000 Kanoyama Strop with black soft case (Cordovan only / No second component)-------------$190.00

#80000 Kanoyama Strop with paper box(Cordovan only / No second component) -------------------$176.00

Anyone with SAD?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
NONE!!!

My wallet can't take it!!

The thing about the higher models are the prices will weed out 90% of the sorry saps who fell for Seraphim's guiles...including me. I don't think I would drop much more for a strop.

HOWEVER since Eastern Smooth stopped selling them Takeshi will be filling a void for sure.

I think Seraphim deserves a cut of the profits.

I might be in the market for a 50 or 60K, which I think is the thicker cordovan with linen secondary. Or did the maker stop offering the linen? No interest in tri-strop or soft case.

Now that Seraphim got a the ball rolling and with his great persuasion convinced lot of you to order the 30, Takeshi at AFramesTokyo is thinking of ordering a few 6000s.

L600mm W65mm(~66mm) Cordovan T4-5mm, and Canvas strop, and Suede strop)--------------$273.00

#80000 Kanoyama Strop with black soft case (Cordovan only / No second component)-------------$190.00

#80000 Kanoyama Strop with paper box(Cordovan only / No second component) -------------------$176.00

Anyone with SAD?

If the strop is pristine, I'd buy a Full #80000. But my understanding is that the larger models started to have defects on the leather, and thats why ES stopped carrying them. If I spend $300 on a strop, I expect perfection, period.

If the strop is pristine, I'd buy a Full #80000. But my understanding is that the larger models started to have defects on the leather, and thats why ES stopped carrying them. If I spend $300 on a strop, I expect perfection, period.

Takeshi said he would be inspecting them before shipping them out.

Anyone with SAD?

I'd be in for the full #80000 Kanoyama strops with 3 pieces (600mm W65mm(~66mm) Cordovan T4-5mm, and Canvas strop, and Suede strop). After I bought it, I'd curse Seraphim and Doc of course.

I'd be in for the full #80000 Kanoyama strops with 3 pieces (600mm W65mm(~66mm) Cordovan T4-5mm, and Canvas strop, and Suede strop). After I bought it, I'd curse Seraphim and Doc of course.

And you would love it.

Thats the one I want as well.

You and I can both blame them. Clearly they don't understand that now we feel the need to outdo them on their buttery smooth pieces of cordovan. And that clearly the 80k was the best option. Yes, the 50k wouldn't be good enough to outdo them, we NEED the 80k

Thats the one I want as well.

You and I can both blame them. Clearly they don't understand that now we feel the need to outdo them on their buttery smooth pieces of cordovan. And that clearly the 80k was the best option. Yes, the 50k wouldn't be good enough to outdo them, we NEED the 80k

Nope.

We got you outgunned. Doc and I just put in a group buy (at this price point, two count as a "group buy") of these babies, the last two in all of Tokyo...

proxy.php

Nope.

We got you outgunned. Doc and I just put in a group buy (at this price point, two count as a "group buy") of these babies, the last two in all of Tokyo...

Nooooooooooooo

In all seriousness, have you tried any of the higher end models? I like the 80K because it has a dust cover. I'm a huge sucker for stuff like that.

It was only a matter of time before the 90k got brought into the mix. Not that anyone needs to ask, but yes......I'd be in for that one also.

Top Bottom