What's new

Kanayama Strop Review

wow - 5 hr of taping reduced to 10 seconds on the show. Geezz....a bit of a relief I guess but now I'd really like that 1/2 day of time back in my life.
Good show, I especially like the way Mr Naomi cut the strips so straight.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well, watching that makes me happy to own a Kanayama. It is worth every penny IMO.

Doc

Thanks for posting an interesting thread and Seraphim for the Svengali sales job. I know the spell was meant for Kent, but it was like watching a hypnotist and the next thing you know you wake up on stage with yourthumbs in your armpits, waddling like a chicken.

Boy they got that thing in the mail quick, arrived yesterday well packed in a triangle cardboard box. Nice strop and a great value, now I wish I had bought two. Stropped up a TI, nice draw and will shave this morning.

Thanks again to the "Strop Pimps"

H

Doc

Thanks for posting an interesting thread and Seraphim for the Svengali sales job. I know the spell was meant for Kent, but it was like watching a hypnotist and the next thing you know you wake up on stage with yourthumbs in your armpits, waddling like a chicken.

Boy they got that thing in the mail quick, arrived yesterday well packed in a triangle cardboard box. Nice strop and a great value, now I wish I had bought two. Stropped up a TI, nice draw and will shave this morning.

Thanks again to the "Strop Pimps"

H

Boom-Chikki-Boom-Boom

i am loving my kanayama... its not the ultra high end one... but damn its nice...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice clip!

I guess we can now all see with our own eyes where those "scratches" along the length come from. Great to see so much of the "making of" at the shop.

They were pretty impressed with Gamma's bearskin rug too!

wish i could understand what the hell they were saying....

any chance on getting telemundo to do that interview in spanish??

$309 to be exact. Get it and report back to us.

Recieved the 90K yesterday. Initial impressions are that it is definately thicker. Not saying there are QC issues, but the overall finish isn't as nice to me as the much cheaper "Fine Stars", but nothing major. It is noticable lighter in color and the finish is not as "oily" as the No.3. The hardware is a little different but about the same quality. A quick test seems to say the draw is not exactly the same but too soon to draw any conclusion. I would say it is a lighter draw with less feedback. Overall, I am glad I got it but not sure I could recommend over the lower cost models. Will post pictures later.

Recieved the 90K yesterday. Initial impressions are that it is definately thicker. Not saying there are QC issues, but the overall finish isn't as nice to me as the much cheaper "Fine Stars", but nothing major. It is noticable lighter in color and the finish is not as "oily" as the No.3. The hardware is a little different but about the same quality. A quick test seems to say the draw is not exactly the same but too soon to draw any conclusion. I would say it is a lighter draw with less feedback. Overall, I am glad I got it but not sure I could recommend over the lower cost models. Will post pictures later.
Soooo, have you used it?

Pics or it dod not happen

I have used it a few times. It works fine but I actually think I prefer the No 3 for practical use. I am happy to have a "back up" but I think the 90K will stay in the box. As you can tell in the pix the No 3 is darker and richer in color. I doubt it is visible but the No 3's surface has noticably more "oil" on the surface which seems to make the draw on the 90K slightly less engaging. Again, not dissappointed at all just not sure I could make a ringing endorsement for the 90K given the cost difference. The fellow at Aframestokyo is fantastic and a pleasure to deal with. Super fast shipping!!

$DSC_5167.jpg
Soooo, have you used it?

Pics or it dod not happen

Last edited:
I have an 80000 and the '3'. I think the 80000 is the same as the 90000 wi the same length as the '3'. My 80000 is darker than the '3' and oilwise they are close by touch anyway. The thickness of the leather components is very close and the suede may even be a little thicker on the '3'. I am under the impression that the leather is graded and he takes more into consideration then thickness for his various grades. Even if the thickness is close maybe the 80000 is more durable. Hard to see that though for me.

So in the end, while you don't get the third component, the '3' is a great price and the best deal by far.

And they both look great in the collection. I have a 6300 and a 2196 as well.

Top Bottom