What's new

Spanish Leather Trumper vs. T&H

So, working my way through the T&H sample pack, SWMBO has made positive noises about pretty much every one of the T&H frags with the exception West Indian Limes. She especially liked the Spanish Leather.

Now Trumpers also has a Spanish Leather frag, and I was wondering if anyone can compare them. Also, a couple of people have said at one time or another that Trumpers frags don't hang around very well. Thoughts?

Trumpers Spanish Leather is IMO the best of the Spanish Leathers that are out there. It is very linear and soapy and lasts quite a while on me. TOBS fragrances don't last very long but most of the GFT do.

Some of the GFT fragrances don't linger on a long time. The ones that do are Spanish Leather, GFT, and Wellington...for me anyways and not many fragrances do linger on me. But Spanish Leather and Wellington do linger for the whole day if you rub it on your chest and neck.

Have T&H Spanish Leather now and had a sample of GFT Spanish Leather in the past. As I recall, the GFT has more "leather" to the scent than T&H, but I liked T&H better for richness.

I've got the Trumper's Spanish Leather and love it, nice barbershoppy old-school fragrance. I have not tried the T&H SL, but someone said it's a dead ringer for Davidoff's Zino, which I picked up a small bottle of. It's very nice, and reasonably priced. Different than the Trumper scent, if it's truly a ringer of T&H. Zino is a nice woody rose. Might prove a good substitute and you can save money as well.

Love, love, love Trumpers Spanish Leather. Never tried the T&H for comparison. I can say, however, than the Trumpers lasts on me all day, especially when paired with the aftershave. It is subtle and has low sillage but you will be able to smell it on yourself, and SWMBO will too when she gets close!

So, working my way through the T&H sample pack, SWMBO has made positive noises about pretty much every one of the T&H frags with the exception West Indian Limes. She especially liked the Spanish Leather.

Now Trumpers also has a Spanish Leather frag, and I was wondering if anyone can compare them. Also, a couple of people have said at one time or another that Trumpers frags don't hang around very well. Thoughts?

THE best Spanish Leather for the money. I bought it in London at the GFT shop near Picadilly Circus. It was pricey but as soon as I put a little on my wrist, I forgot how much it cost and had the nice gent ring it up. I've received more compliments on this fragrance than any other I've worn. Despite what others say, it lingers on me till the following day and evolves nicely, especially when you perspire. It just oozes with 'class' and a hint of elitism but it's never offensive. I've smelled and tried the T&H version but the GFT is far superior IMHO. Worth every cent so buy it.

I like the scent of GFT just a little more than T&H but the GFT just doesn't last that long on me. Consequently, I prefer T&H.

On most days I like the T&H more than the GFT. Although the name of the fragrance is the same, I think that they are completely different. The GFT has more of a powdery note that I don't get with the T&H. I think the T&H has a sweeter spicier note. They are both fine fragrances that you really can't go wrong with.

Jason

I've got the Trumper's Spanish Leather and love it, nice barbershoppy old-school fragrance. I have not tried the T&H SL, but someone said it's a dead ringer for Davidoff's Zino, which I picked up a small bottle of. It's very nice, and reasonably priced. Different than the Trumper scent, if it's truly a ringer of T&H. Zino is a nice woody rose. Might prove a good substitute and you can save money as well.

Yes it is. Have T&H and Zino, and they are deadringers.

Top Bottom