What's new

Was given a bunch of old pipes and a stand....

Hello all

My friend gave me all of his late dads pipes and stand. I don't remember brands but some made in Italy , England, France, Israel. There is even a sherlock homes style pipe... The pipe from France , bowl is leather wrapped.

So can I just dig out te old tobacco and light up? I do not think the pipes were used in years , from the amount of dust that were on them.

Sorry will post photos later. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Best regards
Bill

I would give them a good clean and polish, and an S/A treatment before loading up. Looking forward to the pictures

Can't wait to see the pictures! Like James said they will benefit quite a bit from some TLC before you start smoking.

Hi

Ok some wick pics

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Be

st

Bill

And they might need reamed while you are polishing and cleaning them up.

Those look like they'll clean up very nicely, and those gourd calabashes are not always easy to find in good shape. Nice haul.

The few I see inside the bowls look great. Definitely a good cleaning and you will be in your way. It amazes me how many people in yesteryear liked straight billiard pipes. It was everyone!

I too recently inherited a collection (my father's), and found that simply wiping the down with a wet rag inside and out, rinsing and using a pipe cleaner in the stem, and burning the inside of the bowl with a match had them primed and ready to go.

Top Bottom