What's new

A pictorial homage to Simpson's Chubby 3

proxy.php

Well done Peter, you not only beat me to it, but you've outdone me too.

I do love seeing your amazing collection!

Thanks for sharing.

Well Ben, I think it's obvious what comes next.

Let's see those tulips!

Bill, I've lost my Tulip 2 !!! It's the only one out of the 4 that I've actually used, I'll take another photo of the whole bunch, once I locate it...

$Screen Shot 2012-05-06 at 1.16.31 PM.jpg

Nice pics, Gent :thumbup:

I don't own a Chubby 3 yet :crying:

And the only one I plan to own is a 2-Band bulb, because it has the least amount of bloom and I'm not sure I want a bloom larger than what I get in a Chubby 3 2-Band - so I'm saving up for a Chubby 3 2-Band in ButterScotch, holding the trigger ready for when Mark makes one available....... :drool:

The Manchurian has more backbone and slightly better flow threw. Though it gives up some softness, my Manchurian has a wonderful slight skritch to it. Just enough to let you know its there.

Simpson Chubby 3

The Simpson Chubby is arguably one of the most iconic shaving brushes in the world.
The size 3 is the largest, most luxurious brush in the Chubby range.
It's density is famous and the brush is often the benchmark that other manufactures strive to achieve.
And... it's one of my favourite brushes...

View attachment 238216

Old and new...

View attachment 238217

3 Band, Extra Super (Pre Vulfix Manchurian), Manchurian, Best (Pre Vulfix) and 2 Band.

View attachment 238218

Quite some variance in knots.

View attachment 238219

I only recently acquired the Chubby 3 Manchurian and am looking forward to comparing it with the other Chubby 3 brushes from my collection.

This thread is a work in progress. I intend to post action pics and reviews soon.

I would also like to invite other members to share their experiences with the Chubby 3 (or smaller sizes) and of course some more pics too.

WONDERFUL!! Congratulations! :a29:

It's expensive, but as I only have ch3 plus a cheap first brush, I have probably spent less on brushes than guys with several cheapies! I can't understand why some find it too big. Luxurious shaving with a really nice soap.

Top Bottom