What's new

Your favorite comedian?

Thought this would be a cool topic as everyone has a different style they like. Myself, well, my favorite comedian of all time passed away a little over 7 years ago, Mitch Hedberg.

Nowadays, I love to watch/listen to:

Jim Gaffigan
Mike Birbiglia
Kevin Hart

phil silvers #1 , many runners up...buddy hackett,rodney dangerfield,redd foxx,milton berle,wc fields,marx brothers,laurel & hardy,buster keaton,harold lloyd,fatty arbuckle,our gang...peter sellers,terry thomas and of course,the 3 stooges !

I like esoteric humor, so Steven Wright is way up there on my list of favorites, but I haven't seen him perform on TV or anywhere in 10 years or so.

If you want to include Comedic Actors ... nobody has ever made me laugh so hard, literally ROTFLMAO, as when I saw Sasha Baron Cohen do his thing in "Borat." The theater was packed, and the whole audience was overcome with uncontrollable, side-splitting laughter. Its a great movie, if you don't mind a little blue humor and a few obscene words. Rent it or NetFlix it if you haven't seen it already ... just be sure to allot plenty of time to recover from the overwhelming sense of fun before you have to do anything serious like work.

Last edited:
I like esoteric humor, so Steven Wright is way up there on my list of favorites, but I haven't seen him perform on TV or anywhere in 10 years or so.

If you want to include Comedic Actors ... nobody has ever made me laugh so hard, literally ROTFLMAO, as when I saw Sasha Baron Cohen do his thing in "Borat." The theater was packed, and the whole audience was overcome with uncontrollable, side-splitting laughter. Its a great movie, if you don't mind a little blue humor and a few obscene words. Rent it or NetFlix it if you haven't seen it already ... just be sure to allot plenty of time to recover from the overwhelming sense of fun before you have to do anything serious like work.

I've seen it. Other than the gay wrestling scene :scared:, I loved it. What I found absolutely brilliant was the no one other than Pamela Anderson was in on it (hence all the lawsuits). His ability to stay in character was insane. Loved him in Talladega Nights as well.

Yeah, that wrestling scene was a little over-the-top for me, too ... it was the one point in the movie where the whole audience stopped laughing and started asking ourselves "What the hell is THIS?" Thank goodness it only lasted 2 minutes or so. And that scene can easily be edited out without detracting from the rest of the movie.

I didn't know he was in Talladega Nights. I haven't seen that one, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

Yeah, that wrestling scene was a little over-the-top for me, too ... it was the one point in the movie where the whole audience stopped laughing and started asking ourselves "What the hell is THIS?" Thank goodness it only lasted 2 minutes or so. And that scene can easily be edited out without detracting from the rest of the movie.

I didn't know he was in Talladega Nights. I haven't seen that one, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

It is absolutely hilarious.

Mitch was one of the greats, and a personal favorite til he passed away.

Dov Davidoff is my current favorite, plan on seeing him at the Laugh Factory in June.

Mitch was one of the greats, and a personal favorite til he passed away.

Dov Davidoff is my current favorite, plan on seeing him at the Laugh Factory in June.

Completely forgot about Dov. He literally makes me laugh till I can't breathe.
He is a bit strange, but that adds to the lulz.

Last edited:
No dice man? lol
The Dice Man (Andrew Dice Clay) is NOT funny.

The only comedian that ever made me laugh by putting a lot of obscenity in his act was the original, the one, the only George Carlin.

Mod Edit: His 7 Dirty Words routine set the bar that comedians still aspire to. Track it down on YouTube, but beware that it is NSFW or appropriate for young ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom