What's new

Your favorite comedian?

Among the late-night talk show hosts ... I usually like to watch Jay Leno over David Letterman in the same time slot. Jimmy Fallon is incredibly clever in everything he does, but Craig Ferguson makes me laugh harder. Ferguson is even more amazing in that he ad-libs every monologue. I never stay up late enough to watch Jimmy Kimmel or any of the others in that time slot.

I never liked Conan O'Brian and I'm not at all sorry that he got fired from NBC's Tonight Show. I'm not sure if his show on cable is still on ... its a moot point, because I wouldn't watch it even if its still on.

Among the late-night talk show hosts ... I usually like to watch Jay Leno over David Letterman in the same time slot. Jimmy Fallon is incredibly clever in everything he does, but Craig Ferguson makes me laugh harder. Ferguson is even more amazing in that he ad-libs every monologue. I never stay up late enough to watch Jimmy Kimmel or any of the others in that time slot.

I never liked Conan O'Brian and I'm not at all sorry that he got fired from NBC's Tonight Show. I'm not sure if his show on cable is still on ... its a moot point, because I wouldn't watch it even if its still on.

We agree on a lot of things it seems.

A few weeks ago I was watching some of the old Dean Martin roasts. Those were the greatest collections of humorists ever assembled.

I'm surprised that more women haven't made the list here ... there are certainly enough of them that can give any male comedian a run for his money.

Someone mentioned Sarah Silverman ... Yes, she is good. I wish she got more exposure.

Someone else mentioned Minnie Pearl ... uhhhh, OK, if you like that down-home country kind of stuff.

And what about Margaret Cho? Joan Rivers? Phyllis Diller? Lucille Ball? Carol Burnett?

And let's not forget the hilarious women from SNL ... Jane Curtin, Larraine Newman, Nancy Gross, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristin Wigg to name but a few.

Bill Cosby.. one of my favorite rainy day movies is Mother, Jugs and Speed.
Jerry Seinfeld
Rickles, Dangerfield, Carlin, Williams, Newhart

While I feel Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time and can recite you the show while watching, I never found his stand-up to be even remotely funny.

I'm surprised that more women haven't made the list here ... there are certainly enough of them that can give any male comedian a run for his money.

Someone mentioned Sarah Silverman ... Yes, she is good. I wish she got more exposure.

Someone else mentioned Minnie Pearl ... uhhhh, OK, if you like that down-home country kind of stuff.

And what about Margaret Cho? Joan Rivers? Phyllis Diller? Lucille Ball? Carol Burnett?

And let's not forget the hilarious women from SNL ... Jane Curtin, Larraine Newman, Nancy Gross, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristin Wigg to name but a few.

I do enjoy Kristen Schaal, but she's about it for female comedians for me.

There was an outstanding winner of "Last Comic Standing" several years ago by the name of Josh Blue. He was the one who was disabled with Cerebral Palsy, walked with a limp, and had a deformed arm.

He was outrageously funny, and I could tell early on that he would be the winner among the contestants on that show.

His stand-up routine is as raunchy as can be, and according to ToS, I can't post a link to any of his material ... but you can find him via Google or YouTube if you want to check out his act.

Last edited:
Also, every time I go to the grocery and have to bag my own groceries, I think of Bill Burr's bit on it. Love Bill Burr, and most of the OnA guys.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
George Carlin, Lewis Black, Dave Chappelle

On edit: d'oh, changed Louis to Lewis

Last edited:
On the clean side, Andy Griffith was a hysterical stand-up comedian. Ever heard "What It Was Was Football"?
That was GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

(On the down-side of this clip, did anyone else only get audio from the Left channel? The right was dead silence.)

Top Bottom