What's new

Your favorite comedian?

Thought this would be a cool topic as everyone has a different style they like. Myself, well, my favorite comedian of all time passed away a little over 7 years ago, Mitch Hedberg.

Nowadays, I love to watch/listen to:

Jim Gaffigan
Mike Birbiglia
Kevin Hart

Wish Mitch was still with us loved him. Robin Williams still cracks me up.

Robin Williams still cracks me up.
+1 ... he's just as talented when he's NOT doing comedy ... for the last decade or so, he's mostly been playing dark, spooky, dramatic roles ... but he switches back to his Laugh-Riot mode whenever he goes on talk shows for an interview.

Bob Newhart
Steve Allen
Jonathan Winters
Stan Freberg
Jim Gaffigan

Conan O'Brian is my favorite of the late-night hosts. He has that sense of silliness that Carson, Paar and Allen had. Letterman, Fallon, Kimmel and Ferguson are fun, too. I can't stand Leno....boring, smug and JUST NOT FUNNY! I watched him last year, and he was STILL telling Lewinsky jokes!

Here's a clip of the old Steve Allen Show, with Louis Nye, Don Knotts, Tom Poston, Martha Raye and Don Adams.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
+1 ... he's just as talented when he's NOT doing comedy ... for the last decade or so, he's mostly been playing dark, spooky, dramatic roles ... but he switches back to his Laugh-Riot mode whenever he goes on talk shows for an interview.
He played the creepy guy really well in "One Hour Photo".

louis ck, i'll put him up there with best ever. I still love carlin, pryor, mitch, and others. But right now no one can touch louis

Eddie Murphy: [as Bill Cosby] Yoouuu cannot say filth flarn filth flarn filth in front of people!
Eddie Murphy: And I said, "I never said no filth flarn filth! I don't know what you're talking about! I'm offended that you called! ....Youuuuu can't say..........

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Eddie Murphy: [as Bill Cosby] Yoouuu cannot say filth flarn filth flarn filth in front of people!
Eddie Murphy: And I said, "I never said no filth flarn filth! I don't know what you're talking about! I'm offended that you called! ....Youuuuu can't say..........
From the same stand up, Richard Pryor's advice to Eddie:
"Tell him to have a coke and a smile and shut the :censored: up"

Some of my favorite comedians:

Buster Keaton
Laurel & Hardy
Jim Gaffigan
Emo Philips
Brian Regan
Jimmy Fallon

My favorite comedy is clean. I think it demonstrates much more talent to make people laugh without the shock value of crude language.

Top Bottom