What's new

Slurry stone for Frankonian?

Ian,

Thanks for the offer but I have made my mind up,I will find someone to lop the end off this stone and try to see if I can raise slurry with it. Besides I think the value of the stone goes down with a chipped corner and it will not go down if it is a half inch shorter.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Someone cut their coti lengthwise with a standard hack saw blade. It CAN be done without power tools depending on how hard that stone really is...

Someone cut their coti lengthwise with a standard hack saw blade. It CAN be done without power tools depending on how hard that stone really is...

^^^ That sir... that's, well that's just... : ( Hump lol.

Well all they say is it's about 16K - but who knows what that means. A good hack saw with a clean blade should do it I would think... if one was inclined.

I use a little DMT 325 to raise a slurry on mine. I love my stone. It's huge. It gives a great finish and compared to an Escher, was a bargain. Prior to getting mine, I had a Thuringian and both 16k and 30k Shaptons. After getting the Frankonian, I sold the Thuringian and the Shaptons. I'd rate mine as higher than 16k. More in the 20k-24k range as a guess.

Are these Frankonians as wide as they look in the picture from Olivia's? It looks like you could cut one in half and split the cost with someone.

*edit* There are specific masonry saws you can use for this. There has been talk about it in other threads.

Last edited:
Are these Frankonians as wide as they look in the picture from Olivia's? It looks like you could cut one in half and split the cost with someone.

*edit* There are specific masonry saws you can use for this. There has been talk about it in other threads.
from what I can tell they are 3" max.

I ordered one from Olivia and she said she shipped it but it never arrived so just before my dispute period ran out I filed a claim and was reimbursed very quickly by paypal. The stone still has not arrived many months later. Its a shame too because I would like one very much.

I ordered one from Olivia and she said she shipped it but it never arrived so just before my dispute period ran out I filed a claim and was reimbursed very quickly by paypal. The stone still has not arrived many months later. Its a shame too because I would like one very much.
Man I am getting spooked!! Did you ask if it was on it's way before hand? What are they doing - taking orders then going out and mining it lol? I want, I want, I want, but I don't want that kind of wait lol. Maybe I'll ask my budy to pick one up personally lol.

Man I am getting spooked!! Did you ask if it was on it's way before hand? What are they doing - taking orders then going out and mining it lol? I want, I want, I want, but I don't want that kind of wait lol. Maybe I'll ask my budy to pick one up personally lol.
Yes I did ask and she told me she had a nice one and gave me dimensions as well. I still have the emails.

Dang it they are in Berlin - a bit far to ask buddy to go for a mere... uh rock lol! Take my word for it - that's what he would say. Back to thinking of ways to get the owner to expidite the order! Maybe provide her some incentive! Oh wait 160 euros doesn't seem to do it lol!!

EDIT - emailed my freind, you never know - he might be out that way. Sooner than me me thinks lol... well I hope anyway.

Last edited:
I went to a local granite counter top business and they cut the stone for free after I explained to the owner what the stone was.
Yesterday I took two known shave ready razors and touched them up using slurry on the Franki.The slurry is very slow to produce and it never really looks like coti slurry at all but I did 30 laps,refreshed the slurry and then put on a layer of tap,continued laps just adding drops of water as needed. I would say I did around 150 laps but I did not count,these were all done with the stone in my hand.

This morning I shaved with both razors and I have to say I could not be happier with the edge that this stone produced.The edge was crisp but not so crisp it produced irritation or weepers.I would go so far as it was jnat like but not as smooth but more crisp.

I am no longer interested in a jnat and I take back anything negative I might have said about this stone.

I went to a local granite counter top business and they cut the stone for free after I explained to the owner what the stone was.
Yesterday I took two known shave ready razors and touched them up using slurry on the Franki.The slurry is very slow to produce and it never really looks like coti slurry at all but I did 30 laps,refreshed the slurry and then put on a layer of tap,continued laps just adding drops of water as needed. I would say I did around 150 laps but I did not count,these were all done with the stone in my hand.

This morning I shaved with both razors and I have to say I could not be happier with the edge that this stone produced.The edge was crisp but not so crisp it produced irritation or weepers.I would go so far as it was jnat like but not as smooth but more crisp.

I am no longer interested in a jnat and I take back anything negative I might have said about this stone.

Classic!!! Congrats!

Yesterday I took two known shave ready razors and touched them up using slurry on the Franki.The slurry is very slow to produce and it never really looks like coti slurry at all

Glad you were able to get it cut. The granite place was a good idea.

Your slurry on a hard stone, sometimes, will just look like cloudy water. This is how my hard jnats are with tomo slurry.

Top Bottom