What's new

Let's see your auto pistols.

I wanna play! Walther PPS with night sights EDC

$photo (37).jpg

Kimber crimson custom II with lasertrace grips. For anyone who dares to break in to the castle.
$photo (38).jpg

Springfield XDSC 9mm, CZ 75B in OD Green 9mm, Ruger MK3 Target and a Browning Buckmark Camper.

Attachments

• $P1000177.jpg
    $P1000177.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 306
  • $P1000181.jpg
    $P1000181.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 308
$P1010088.JPG$P1010091.JPG
My all-matching 1920s commercial Luger in .30 Luger (7.65mm Parabellum) and my 7.63 Mauser (.30 Mauser Automatic) Broomhandle. Probably an M1930 (though another collector suggested it as something from 1929).

Topgumby, there's no rifling present but she's still fun to shoot. I'm toying with finding the $200 to get her relined but here's a photo of the target (some keyholing on 5 or 6 of the 18 rounds fired at 15 feet).

People at the range in Tacoma were asking me 'What is that thing?'. I managed to snag a second one on Gunbroker (a Bolo) for a price which is quite low though in keeping with its battered condition.

$P1010094.JPG

Those are beauts.
Is ammo for those readily available? Or are they strictly collectors/show guns?\

edit: posted same time as pic of your paper - guess that answers my question

Hah! Love that target..."Get 'em sideways!"

I just happen to have a set of Lee dies in .30 Mauser....they need a good home. I'd send 'em to you for cost of shipping.

P Funk: Fiocchi makes ammunition for both and I've not had problems getting any. Fiocchi makes both FMJ and Soft Point (partly jacketed) for the .30 Luger and you can reload as well but I prefer firing my 9mm Lugers more. Prvi Partizan makes the Mauser ammo but so does Fiocchi fairly regularly. They also can be reloaded as the brass for both is available. The Fiocchi stuff is excellent but I'm going to try the Prvi stuff with my father next weekend. He grew up in the People's Republic China and remembered how popular the Broomhandle was with Nationalist and Communist soldiers.

In some sense they are show guns but I also don't buy anything I won't shoot at least once 6 rounds through a year. Which is why I tend to beater guns (the all matching Webley and all matching Commercial Luger are both aberrations in my collection and even then I plan on shooting them. No true 'safe queens' here).

(My apologies for so many posts but I guess I posted right before P Funk did).

$image.jpg
Ordered my M&P 9L pro last week, expected to arrive in 6 weeks or so however due to the australian licensing process it will be at least 6 months until I can take legal ownership of it.

Not my pic, but my favorite target Pistol is the EAA Elite Match. Cz-75 based design. Built by Tangfolio in Italy. Absolute tack driver. Performs like a$2000 gun at 75% less cost. Not a carry gun though.

Attachments

• $EaaMatch.jpg
    $EaaMatch.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 240
Here are a few of mine.

View attachment 242627

Top row - Rohrbaugh 9mm, CZ Rami .40 with ironwood grips, CZ 50 (7.65)

Middle Row - CZ P40 (.40) with amboyna burl grips, Russian Makarov 9mm Mak, Griffon .45 with ironwood grips

Bottom Row - Ballester Rigaud .45, Sig P245 (.45)

Ron

Excellent collection of superb and not so common pistols. The Rami being highly underrated and my favorite of the bunch. Must be a handful in .40.

View attachment 352445
Ordered my M&P 9L pro last week, expected to arrive in 6 weeks or so however due to the australian licensing process it will be at least 6 months until I can take legal ownership of it.

I recently picked one up and gave it the trigger job,,,,,my new go to pistol.....Closest to a 1911 trigger and reset out there. Truly a point and shoot ( good ergonomics),,,,,17 rds a plus, too,,,lol

We may as well spin out a auto pistol thread over the next few months and enjoy some participation. It's always nice to see what turns up in folks' photos.

You've got some of the respected "new-crop" semi-automatic pistols featured, Matt. I think I'd enjoy that H&K USP best as I generally like heavier, full-sized handguns for most all purposes. The more stunted, lightweight compact models don't have the appeal to me.

I'm a revolver fan first and foremost but do have some favorite automatic pistol designs, most of which are traditional older designs.

Here's the automatic pistol I've had the longest. Was self-purchased as a birthday present to me in 1978 when I turned 21. Was the 1911 I learned on: how to detail strip, how the design works, and how to handload for the .45 ACP including both mild and wild experimental concoctions. It was carried off and on for years beneath a suit coat in a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster and was carried on hunts and hikes in a 1917 dated U.S. military leather flap holster. Later became my wife's favorite 1911 to shoot and rely on around the house for defense duty. Was a worn old thing when I got it but was immediately put to work cycling through a number of canvas bank coin bags holding 1200-1300 rounds per batch. It continued to see regular usage until recent times though other 1911 type guns came into the firearms menagerie and still is taken out for exercise on occasion. It's always been flawlessly dependable with any load put through it except for a time in 2007 when its front sight went AWOL on a range trip when my youngest son was shooting it. I think Colt should have adjusted it as it was only 89 years old at that time. It's a World War I vintage Colt 1911 that was processed through Augusta Arsenal in World War II and was likely later sold off through the NRA in the 1950s or early 1960s. Wish it could talk as it's bound to have some tales to tell.
proxy.php

When someone says semi-auto, this is what I first imagine. I have 8 semi-autos and not one is a 1911 :sad:

I recently picked one up and gave it the trigger job,,,,,my new go to pistol.....Closest to a 1911 trigger and reset out there. Truly a point and shoot ( good ergonomics),,,,,17 rds a plus, too,,,lol

Not in Australia, all our mags must be 10 rounds only :(

Top Bottom