What's new

Let's see your auto pistols.

I got a Sigma 40 VE and I love it.

$634092510617305424wuv3ri3m.jpg

Alright I started this thread and I have been a little lacking, I bought this little baby a few days ago. It disappears into my pocket very nicely. I am in love with the Crimson Trace grip.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I was just reading up on Velo Dog revolvers. Remarkable that there was a time when a mini handgun designed primarily for bicyclists to blaze away at stray dogs and "tramps" was a huge seller.

Sometimes it's amazing to me that these little "mouse guns" were, and are, so prevalent. I beat myself up mentally for opting for a 9mm over a .45 in a defensive role, yet many a gent went forth with those dinky little .25 popguns and apparently felt well armed.

A cursory study of the assassinations of President's Garfield and McKinley reveal the fact that being shot back then was even more serious. In both instances relatively weak cartridges were used but primitive medicine left treatment so lacking.

Perhaps the folks of bygone times placed a lot of value in the "threat factor."

My very first gun. I've only had it at the range once, but I'm very happy with it.
$Thunder-380-XmatN-L-prev.jpg
My Bersa Thunder .380
I keep it loaded with Corbon DPX. This along with our 12 guage shotgun. Pretty well set for HD, I think.

Unless I'm mistaken, what Toovera has here are four fine examples of the legendary Sig P-210, arguably the highest quality service pistol ever put into production...and priced to match. They are known to produce 2-inch groups at 50 meters out-of-the-box : truly remarkable for something designed as a general-issue military sidearm.
I believe its replacement (the Sig P220) largely came about because the Swiss Army decided that they could no longer afford the manufacturing cost of the p210.

They are the Rolex of handguns. When you rack the slide, it feels like the slide is on ball bearing. More accurate than myself with one of the most beautiful picture you'll ever feel. The problem is.....the hammer bite. The problem is only to some people. My friend has a fat hand web and has no problem with it. I, On the other hand, have normal skinny web, but the hammer would **** back and pinch your web and bite you. For that, I ended up shooting them very little. The new X-Five series (especially Tactical model) shoots just as well, but just doesn't have to same ergo and feel.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just polished the Lone Wolf 3.5 connectors for the Glocks... the Ruger is my summer CCW rig...looooong trigger pull. Honestly not a fan of it, I had an LCP but the darn thing is just too small...so I picked up the LC9.
Been trained on the Glock...so it's what I shoot. Dept just went to .45 G21SF.
In the past, never had a problem qualifying...prone, gas mask, upside down and a fogged up gas mask...and so on.
Guess I'm just so used to trusting them after the abuse we have put them through...I have a hard time using anything else.

LW 3.5# polished connector.
proxy.php

Thanks hig, I was kinda iffy on getting it but after shooting 600 rounds through it and getting it so hot that the trigger itself was hot and had no failures I think shes a keeper.

An old Sig 220 that I picked up last week. Sorry for the terrible photo.

Attachments

• $220.JPG
    $220.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 374
COOLEST thing Ive seen on B&B for some time,although in my state the time you would get for that wouldnt be cool
Looks like a 9mm UZI pistol -
Other than the extended mag, that pistol is completely legal in California (if it has a bullet button installed). They go for just under/around $1K new depending on make, features, etc.

Here's my Sig P229 Elite Dark .40:

This is what I do with it sometimes:

I'm looking forward to trying out a Beretta Nano in .40 when they come out. The Sig is superb, but I'm finding it increasingly inconvenient for concealed carry due to its size/weight (I do have a proper gun belt by the way - a nice bullhide one from The Beltman).

Here's my Sig P229 Elite Dark .40

Have you had any issues with the rear sight? When I bought my 226 elite dark, the set screws came loose every time I brought the thing to the range. I ended up putting some loctite on them and that has kept it steady for a while now, but it isn't really adjustable anymore.

Have you had any issues with the rear sight? When I bought my 226 elite dark, the set screws came loose every time I brought the thing to the range. I ended up putting some loctite on them and that has kept it steady for a while now, but it isn't really adjustable anymore.

Nope, no problems with the sights at all. Put about three thousand rounds through it without a single FTF either. I am convinced I will never have one unless I pack it with dirt or something. I used Federal American Eagle for a thousand rounds, but got a great bulk buy on Speer Lawman and am happy with them. The Lawman rounds are ballistically a bit closer to my carry ammo, which are Speer Gold dots (both 180GR).

Top Bottom