What's new

Let's see your auto pistols.

I absolutely LOVED my Fiveseven. What a sweet shooter. Ever shot it at night? It creates quite the fireball. What defense ammo do you use in the KelTec?

Yeah the rings of fire are quite impressive! I love the FsN like no other gun! Why did you get rid of yours? In the keltec I use hornady critical defense or black hills 124grain hollow points.

Blary, the ammo for the FsN is actually not that bad. I can usually find it at cabelas for about the same price as .45acp but right now there is a minor shortage due to a huge buy up from a government contract from what I have heard. Last time I paid 22 bucks for a box of 50 ss197. That is the hornady ballistic tipped stuff. However, if you want the real good stuff Elite Ammunition is the place to look. A little pricier but its powerful medicine demonstrating ballistic damage similar to .45acp hollow points! Check out fivesevenforum.com and eliteammunition.com for more information. Let me tell you, its my favorite gun by far and my fiance's too. As a matter of fact I might have to buy another since she is always using mine!

nrv216

Last edited:
Yeah the rings of fire are quite impressive! I love the FsN like no other gun! Why did you get rid of yours? In the keltec I use hornady critical defense or black hills 124grain hollow points.

Blary, the ammo for the FsN is actually not that bad. I can usually find it at cabelas for about the same price as .45acp but right now there is a minor shortage due to a huge buy up from a government contract from what I have heard. Last time I paid 22 bucks for a box of 50 ss197. That is the hornady ballistic tipped stuff. However, if you want the real good stuff Elite Ammunition is the place to look. A little pricier but its powerful medicine demonstrating ballistic damage similar to .45acp hollow points! Check out fivesevenforum.com and eliteammunition.com for more information. Let me tell you, its my favorite gun by far and my fiance's too. As a matter of fact I might have to buy another since she is always using mine!

nrv216

The Elite Ammunition is some NASTY stuff. In the best way possible of course. It's not that the ammo is expensive, it's just that no one really makes "plinking" or "range" ammo for it. Everything made for it is high quality. I traded my FsN after I put 1500 rounds through it for a brand new FNP40 USG and Remington 870 Tactical. I got the better end of that deal I believe. A few months ago I found a deal for FNP40 magazines for $5 each, so I bought up 4 more for a total of 7. I love this gun as much as my FsN, but I'd still like to get another one to add back into the fold.

$4_Dans.jpg

proxy.php

This is my Luger. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Honestly, its not my favorite gun. To really shoot it much I'd have to buy parts that would cost as much as something else I'd rather buy, else risk losing what collector value it has. And I'm not even sure it has any collector value, the blueing is pretty shoddy. I need to check at lugerforums. In a way I'd be kind of happy if it didnt, I'd love to rust blue the body and nitre blue the correct parts, that would be a fun project.

I am looking forward to getting one of these in the next few days...

$eaamatch.jpg

(not my pic)

Eaa Witness Elite match in .45. Id rather have gotten 9mm for now b/c of the cheaper ammo, but its no big deal. The thing that makes these the bees knees is you can spend 250$ and buy another barrel, slide and mags and swap them out. So you can have a gun compatible with 9mm, 38 super, .45, .40, and 10mm, if you buy all the slides and barrels. I'm looking forward to the 10mm... couldn't care less about 38 super, though. They're also supposed to be very accurate. They're basically a CZ clone.

Attachments

• $54978.jpg
    $54978.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 573
  • $EAA 132581.jpg
    $EAA 132581.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 575
And I have no idea how to remove those attached images. I accidentally uploaded those trying to get the witness pic right. I'm up too late....

I am looking forward to getting one of these in the next few days...

I'm looking forward to the 10mm... couldn't care less about 38 super, though. They're also supposed to be very accurate. They're basically a CZ clone.

I have the same gun. I bought it in .38super because I got a really good deal on it in that caliber. I planned on converting it to 10mm too but the .38super was a TACK DRIVER! Super accurate and a breeze to shoot. No wonder the competition shooters love .38sup! I will probably by another EA in 10mm at some point but, for now, I have plenty of 10mm handguns so this one is staying a .38super.

Also, if you do convert it to 10mm make sure you get the stronger spring from wolff! I heard it makes a world of difference compared to the spring provided by EA.

nrv216

I'm looking to get my first handgun. I've done some research, and it looks like I found a nice balance between price, quality, and accuracy with the Bersa Thunder 380. Do any of you gentlemen have any experience with this firearm? Pros? Cons?

I'm looking to get my first handgun. I've done some research, and it looks like I found a nice balance between price, quality, and accuracy with the Bersa Thunder 380. Do any of you gentlemen have any experience with this firearm? Pros? Cons?

I have a buddy who owns one. I've only fired it once, but it seemed relatively nice. If you haven't physically held one yet, I'd suggest you do that before committing to buy. They're not the tiniest guns out there, but they're certainly compact. My buddy bought his for concealed carry and he finds that it's a pretty good size to bring with him everywhere.

I have a buddy who owns one. I've only fired it once, but it seemed relatively nice. If you haven't physically held one yet, I'd suggest you do that before committing to buy. They're not the tiniest guns out there, but they're certainly compact. My buddy bought his for concealed carry and he finds that it's a pretty good size to bring with him everywhere.

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I went by Academy to take a look, but they had recently sold their last one. I'm looking at an online purchase to ship to the gun range just down the street from my house. I'm really excited, just have to wait a little bit longer before I have some extra money put away for the purchase. I had a gig at Red Rock on 14June, but the storms (lightning:cursing: ) ruined that plan. But, I may get lucky and have enough after bills this month. Maybe that will provide enough time for Academy to get another in for me to have a look...

Top Bottom