What's new

Let's see your auto pistols.

$GunRazor.jpg

OOOooo...yeah! I'll get it.

Very nice. I'd love to shoot a longer-snouted Luger variant.

Very nice! Thanks for posting the photo.

I love this thread, I'm glad I found it!!! You gentlemen have quite the collections, it's going to take me a while to surf the whole thread. This is my fun contribution.

$20151105_173630.jpg

Wow! Absolutely stunning Colt! Are those Mother of Pearl grip panels?

Yes, MOP on the nickel plated series 70, ivory on the pre 70's engraved, rubber on the Kimber TLE II (usually) and wood on all the rest of the 1911s. I really like wood for conceal carry the most but for fun its great to change it up on some of the 1911s that get carried less. Great talking point with clients and prospects.

@timwcic

Yes! Now that is a drool worthy handgun! The poor thing has no holster wear though, I know she feels neglected and needs some attention this weekend. Does it even have 500 rounds through it yet? You have more self restraint than I do. Looks brand new for a 26 year old handgun. Congrats, I love it!

We may as well spin out a auto pistol thread over the next few months and enjoy some participation. It's always nice to see what turns up in folks' photos.

You've got some of the respected "new-crop" semi-automatic pistols featured, Matt. I think I'd enjoy that H&K USP best as I generally like heavier, full-sized handguns for most all purposes. The more stunted, lightweight compact models don't have the appeal to me.

I'm a revolver fan first and foremost but do have some favorite automatic pistol designs, most of which are traditional older designs.

Here's the automatic pistol I've had the longest. Was self-purchased as a birthday present to me in 1978 when I turned 21. Was the 1911 I learned on: how to detail strip, how the design works, and how to handload for the .45 ACP including both mild and wild experimental concoctions. It was carried off and on for years beneath a suit coat in a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster and was carried on hunts and hikes in a 1917 dated U.S. military leather flap holster. Later became my wife's favorite 1911 to shoot and rely on around the house for defense duty. Was a worn old thing when I got it but was immediately put to work cycling through a number of canvas bank coin bags holding 1200-1300 rounds per batch. It continued to see regular usage until recent times though other 1911 type guns came into the firearms menagerie and still is taken out for exercise on occasion. It's always been flawlessly dependable with any load put through it except for a time in 2007 when its front sight went AWOL on a range trip when my youngest son was shooting it. I think Colt should have adjusted it as it was only 89 years old at that time. It's a World War I vintage Colt 1911 that was processed through Augusta Arsenal in World War II and was likely later sold off through the NRA in the 1950s or early 1960s. Wish it could talk as it's bound to have some tales to tell.
proxy.php

Nice!!

timwcic

"Look what I found"
@timwcic

Yes! Now that is a drool worthy handgun! The poor thing has no holster wear though, I know she feels neglected and needs some attention this weekend. Does it even have 500 rounds through it yet? You have more self restraint than I do. Looks brand new for a 26 year old handgun. Congrats, I love it!

It has never been in a holster. All sharp edges have no wear. I put a magazine thru about once a year before its yearly oiling.
Went out of state for a month and it went one on the trip with me. Now back into the safe.

Had a lot of hand grease and a bit of rust forming around the grip from daily carry and daily shooting. I used a copper brush and some blue friendly solvent and voilla! Clean grip. The finish is French Grey so you have to be very picky with what solvents you use to attack rust. I also use a watch cleaning cloth for surface finishing.

$20151018_183244.jpg

Top Bottom