What's new

2 Ebay scores, identification help?

So I got two razors off of the 'bay for decent prices. The first I know is a Ball End Gillette Tech. The second is a Gillette TTO, as for what kind, no idea, perhaps you all can tell me.

Ball End Tech- Came pretty clean already except for some faded plating on the top and some spots on the corners of the safety bar that I can't seem to get off too easy. Otherwise, great condition with no cracks or chips.

$DSC_0615.jpg$DSC_0616.jpg

Mystery Gillette TTO - Was from an estate sale, the picture of it was awful, but I got it cheap and prayed it worked and wasn't too beat up. Upon arrival, it was disgustingly filthy, but after a bit (a big bit) of scrubbing, its purdy! no damage to the razor at all and the mechanism is in great shape. Had to do a before/after for this one.

Before: $DSC_0612.jpg$DSC_0613.jpg

After:$DSC_0617.jpg

Definitely a 40's superspeed. Nice pick-ups. The tech will be a great shaver. I have my grandpa's 40's superspeed, but don't shave with it often. I like very mild razors, so I turn his old Slim down to 3 or four instead.

Yup, its a 40's Super Speed. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

And as for liking the tech, I already bought a tech (fat handle). Its an amazingly smooth/mild razor, very good for a quick morning shave.

Definitely a 40's superspeed. Nice pick-ups. The tech will be a great shaver. I have my grandpa's 40's superspeed, but don't shave with it often. I like very mild razors, so I turn his old Slim down to 3 or four instead.

as far as shaves go i think the 40's ss is much much better in shave quality but YMMV. i got rid or almost all of my slims except for the nice ones in cases for show.

Top Bottom