What's new

Voskhod Teflon Coated blades

Anybody know where to buy them? I had a couple of packs PIF'd to me and I've been loving these things!

Thanks and happy shaving
Dave

I appreciate that, looks like they have 5 packs (I don't suppose it'll hurt to ask them if they'll do lots of 100). Seems I found a winner in this blade.

Thanks
Dave

They're my favorite blade. If you can't find them in bulk, a blade that, to me, is quite similar, is the Sputnik. A few of the vendors sell those in 100 packs, but they're $30 or more.

That other forum has done two group buys and passed out thousands upon thousands of them. Post a WTB over there and you might find someone who "overbought" a bit. I got 100 delivered for under $10 and consider them along with Astras I got for the same price to be the two best value blades I've bought.

I participated in "the other shave forum" group buy and bought 200.

However, I will also say that I've found Ladas (like Vokshods, made by Rapira) to be amost identical in performance to the Voks, and selling at the same 10 cents a blade price.

I participated in "the other shave forum" group buy and bought 200.

However, I will also say that I've found Ladas (like Vokshods, made by Rapira) to be amost identical in performance to the Voks, and selling at the same 10 cents a blade price.

For me, in my 38M, the Ladas were a clear step below the Voskhods, but when I put them in my Tech, the performed superbly. In the 38M, they're a bit tuggy, but in the Tech they glide very smoothly.

Don't forget guys, the 2 group buys over there is why the vendors dropped them from their inventory and now refuse to carry them.

Don't forget guys, the 2 group buys over there is why the vendors dropped them from their inventory and now refuse to carry them.

Yep... I bought several hundred from Phil @ $8/100 when he decided it was no longer worth carrying them

They have been a favorite of mine for a long time but they will be hard to find now that most US vendors no longer want to do business with them.

"They have been a favorite of mine for a long time but they will be hard to find now that most US vendors no longer want to do business with them."

That's OK, I'll search "high & low" to get them regardless what the US vendors have decided to do.

DD

Yep... I bought several hundred from Phil @ $8/100 when he decided it was no longer worth carrying them

They have been a favorite of mine for a long time but they will be hard to find now that most US vendors no longer want to do business with them.

I did the same thing.

Update: I sent a message to "the other forum" and they now have lots of 100 in their store for $12.00. A great deal considering the shaves I'm getting from these things!

Happy shaving
Dave

I got one of these in the gun today. I did not have a full beard. The shave was good, just not great. Felt it better than an Astra/Derby but not as sharp as Personna's YMMV

Top Bottom