What's new

Voskhod Teflon Coated blades

The same thing teflon always does - make it non-stick or slippery - helps it glide over your face.

I don't know if it's the gliding over your face that's the key feature, or the gliding through the whisker. Remember that how "smoothly" something cuts is related to the drag it has going through what it is trying to cut. Just think of cutting a soft cheese. No matter how sharp the blade, ti still won't cut easily because of the drag.

I was very tempted to try this seeing as I like Astras a lot, but when I saw the price jump up with shipping I figured it may be too much of a gamble. If anyone wants to split 100, 200 or orders and doesn't like them, let me know :)

where are you guys getting it from? I thought they were all out

I just checked and they are indeed now out of stock. It's a shame these things are so hard to find; for me personally no blade works better inside of a TTO. A few of the comments in this thread suggest that there is a backstory as to the difficulties in finding them?

I just checked and they are indeed now out of stock. It's a shame these things are so hard to find; for me personally no blade works better inside of a TTO. A few of the comments in this thread suggest that there is a backstory as to the difficulties in finding them?

You might want to post a wanted to buy over at this other forum http://theshaveden.com/forums/forums/classifieds.48/

There were 20,000 Voskhods spread around over there a few months ago so you may find someone willing to part with a few hundred.

Luckily I was able to get some before they ran out. Are periodic group buys generally the only way to get them these days?

Good work! I now have 200 so I don't think I'll have to hit them up for a while. For the past week I've been loading these things in the Slim with awesome results...

Happy shaving
Dave

Top Bottom