What's new

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

D

debrahay

I'm new to the group. I'm looking for shampoo that is great and does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate or any of its derivatives. I've looked at the msds for sls and it is nasty stuff! It is so interesting to me that it is a skin irritatant AND causes hair loss but is in most shampoos and toothpaste. I guess that is why so many people have to use hair regrowth chemicals...then they shampoo with sls and then more hair regrowth chemicals...go figure. :rolleyes:
Anyone know of sls free shampoos that are good? I've tried a few and still not satisfied.

Thats a tall order. Most modern shampoos contain this chemical. You may want to look at natural shampoo products.

debrahay said:
I'm new to the group. I'm looking for shampoo that is great and does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate or any of its derivatives. I've looked at the msds for sls and it is nasty stuff! It is so interesting to me that it is a skin irritatant AND causes hair loss but is in most shampoos and toothpaste. I guess that is why so many people have to use hair regrowth chemicals...then they shampoo with sls and then more hair regrowth chemicals...go figure. :rolleyes:
Anyone know of sls free shampoos that are good? I've tried a few and still not satisfied.

The only one I have seen has been the Avalon Organics line - they advertise no SLS and no parabens. They smell dynamite, but I found their performance lacking. Remember that SLS and its ilk are surfactants- without them it is going to be difficult to get a nice thick lather going. I also found them very drying to my hair. You can find AO stuff in many health food stores, etc. My bottles are going to get put into Gage's skin/haircare swapbox - you might want to take a look at that thread if you are interested in trying lots of different products.

Hope this helps

Sircuit Skin makes and shampoo and Conditioner with NO SLS - it is without question the best shampoo on the market.... but it is mighty expensive.

Check out SircuitSkin

Top Bottom