What's new

Anyone have a recipe for DIY Moustache Wax?

I've been in every drugstore in a 10 mile radius and can't find any moustache wax. Must have been outlawed or something. I've used clubman in the past & like it. If I order online the shipping won't be worth it, so I was wondering in anyone had a decent recipe?

Tonight I think I'm going to try the less viscous Carmex & see if it works. Bag Balm might also be worth a go?

A young man I worked with had an impressive handlebar moustache. I asked him how he fashioned it and got it to stay put.
He said that in a pinch, Chap Stick does a good job.

I've been in every drugstore in a 10 mile radius and can't find any moustache wax. Must have been outlawed or something. I've used clubman in the past & like it. If I order online the shipping won't be worth it, so I was wondering in anyone had a decent recipe?

Tonight I think I'm going to try the less viscous Carmex & see if it works. Bag Balm might also be worth a go?

Tried the Carmex & it does soften the stash but doesn't really tame it. I'll try the Chapstick tonight & see what that does. I think I may go into the wax making business as I'm sure this city of 1/2 a million has a few guys that would like something.

tried Wal-mart?

Yep, all 4 Walmarts as a matter of fact. They don't carry it. I keep seeing these displays of Burts Bees everywhere & thought they might have some, but no luck with that brand. I haven't tried Trader Joes yet. I know they carry Kiss My Face shaving cream, so maybe they might have some. Anybody had luck with Trader Joes?

I don't know about your area, but I know recently since I've started looking for Clubman I've seen their mustache wax several times in drug stores such as CVS and Walgreens and I think even a supermarket (don't ask me which one though) I have found them with the shaving products in the area of either the shave creams or aftershaves. I think they just lump whatever Clubman they have together as I've seen the aftershave mustache wax and talc all together.
Failing that . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qsB2KGaX6bg#t=45s

I don't know about your area, but I know recently since I've started looking for Clubman I've seen their mustache wax several times in drug stores such as CVS and Walgreens and I think even a supermarket (don't ask me which one though) I have found them with the shaving products in the area of either the shave creams or aftershaves. I think they just lump whatever Clubman they have together as I've seen the aftershave mustache wax and talc all together.
Failing that . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qsB2KGaX6bg#t=45s

That's a good one! That made my day! Thanks!

I looked at making my own, but the cost was more than a good wax from Firehouse. I ordered the Dark directly from their site for $11 shipped. Hopefully it works as well as the reviews given for it.

I figure I could go look for Clubman & spend it on gas or just have a better product shipped to my front door; when all is said & done for the same price. Cheers gents & thanks for the help.

In a pinch I have found great success with "Aussie Spray" FREEZE. Put a bit on your finger and form your stache. As it dries you get even more control/stickiness. Once completely dry, Nothing is gonna move it. Holds up very well to water also. Available at Wal-mart and just about any hair care dept.

I've been experimenting with beeswax and jojoba oil, since I had some on hand for making shaving soap.
So far it seems to work. Just need to find the right combination for the proper consistency, heating the mixture up until the beeswax melts, stirring constantly. Coloring is optional.

Top Bottom