What's new

Corn Cob Pipe with 'Forever Stem'

No there is no difference. Walkers takes standard Missouri Meerschaum cobs and adds their own stems, and puts the bands on some of them.

So, if I purchase a Washington, it will already have a Forever Stem? Also, if I want to purchase a different stem...do all Forever stems fit all of the MM cobs?

I've been eying these for a while. How much does it change the smoking characteristics of the pipes?

Well, there's no filter first of all. It balances better, and clenches better. And it lasts, well, forever. When you burn out your cob you just interchange the stem.

So, if I purchase a Washington, it will already have a Forever Stem?
No, it will have the standard MM black plastic stem. You have to order the Forever Stem separately.

Also, if I want to purchase a different stem...do all Forever stems fit all of the MM cobs?
Some of the standard MM stems (the Patriot, for example) do not have a filter, and I believe the two are not interchangeable. However, a forever stem that fits one standard (filtered) MM should fit any other.

So, if I purchase a Washington, it will already have a Forever Stem? Also, if I want to purchase a different stem...do all Forever stems fit all of the MM cobs?

If you buy the pipe from their website, you will receive the original stem and the Forever Stem, you can buy additional Forever Stems with customized designs or regular FS if you like.

As far as I know, they don't sell the CC without their FS.

Enjoy!

Good information to know, thanks! After reviewing their pipes I came across another question. Is there any difference in a banded vs non-banded MM cob pipe or is it just cosmetics preference?
Like Derrick said; mostly cosmetic but: The normal banding on a MM cob is just a little piece of black plastic. I have had one of my cobs start to split down the shank. AS of now it still smokes fine, but I would assume the metal band could deter such a fracture.

Last edited:
Hey...what type of filters do the MM cobs take? I noticed at Walker's some of them were "filtered" and some "unfiltered"...is the filter they use a standard Grabow type paper filter?

Hey...what type of filters do the MM cobs take? I noticed at Walker's some of them were "filtered" and some "unfiltered"...is the filter they use a standard Grabow type paper filter?
The ones that come in them are Medico & measure 5.5mm. I believe these are known as the standard 6mm & are the same as the Grabow filters. Also, FWIW, I have tried the Savinelli balsa inserts & they fit & work decently.

Last edited:
No, it will have the standard MM black plastic stem. You have to order the Forever Stem separately.

Some of the standard MM stems (the Patriot, for example) do not have a filter, and I believe the two are not interchangeable. However, a forever stem that fits one standard (filtered) MM should fit any other.

I emailed Walker's a bit ago and wanted to clear up any misconceptions on this topic. Dave Wolff was very quick to respond and answer my question. He explained that if you purchase the cob, it will come with the MM stem and if you want a Forever stem, it would have to be purchased separately.

The ones that come in them are Medico & measure 5.5mm. I believe these are known as the standard 6mm & are the same as the Grabow filters. Also, FWIW, I have tried the Savinelli balsa inserts & they fit & work decently.

I have a ton of the Savinelli balsa filters, so that's good to know. Thanks ;-) Funny though...I don't even use them in my Savinelli anymore, lol

The pipes made by MM come in filtered and unfiltered. Walkers makes stems that fit both types but None of the stems he makes accept a filter. The original stems from MM take a 6mm filter and any brand 6mm filter will fit, I use the sav. 6mm balsa when I use one.

I'm headed to the NATO(National Assoc of Tobacco Outlets) tobacco show in Vegas this week, where I'll be exhibiting. Guess who else will be there?? Missouri Meerschaum ;-) So, I'll just pick up a few CC's at the show, can't wait now! I'll still need to order a few forever stems, but at least I'll have the pipes in hand this week and smoking them ;-)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm headed to the NATO(National Assoc of Tobacco Outlets) tobacco show in Vegas this week, where I'll be exhibiting. Guess who else will be there?? Missouri Meerschaum ;-) So, I'll just pick up a few CC's at the show, can't wait now! I'll still need to order a few forever stems, but at least I'll have the pipes in hand this week and smoking them ;-)

So did you clear the group buy for Danish Eggs and Freehands with the mods already ;).

I've had two Missouri meerschaums so far. I think they smoke fine, but then I'm no expert. What I don't like is the fake corncob pattern they put on the stem next to the bowl. I think they would look better with a standard finish on the wood. I think that part of the pipe makes it look "cheap". The stems themselves, while plastic, do not look so bad. They do make some without the corncob pattern on the stem, but those look even cheaper to me. But they are cheap...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just got in my Diplomat with churchwarden stem, and General with tortoise spear stem...very nice.

The unfiltered cob I was using thus far must be the cheapest of their line, since the 2 above are 10 times nicer IMO.

First go round was a Great Dane with 2 5/8" bent saddle black fishtail stem. This time opted for a Diplomat and 3 1/2" tortoise spear. Great smoking combos to say the least.

So, I met the guys at MM at the NATO show in Las Vegas last week. They were very nice and I even scored my first cob, which was promptly left at the bar that evening. I did smoke it several times that night and it was a very cool smoke. What I liked most was that it was super light which plays well with my teeth since I like to clench my pipes. I'll pick another up for sure, now that I've tried them. As promised here are a few pics of the MM booth, which was small but nice ;-) Sorry for the low quality pics, they were taken with my phone.

The guys manning the booth were super nice and even visited with them later that night at the bar where all the exhibitors hung out ;-) Oddly enough there were 5 people smoking pipe that night...while everyone else was smoking cigars, lol

proxy.php

proxy.php

This will be my next MM pipe!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks for the pics! I was hoping for a sighting of the much rumored "bull dog cob". I read it might come out in May...
I am planning on picking up a freehand and 2 more stems to make dedicated Va, Aro and English blend pipes.

Top Bottom