Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corn Cob Pipe with 'Forever Stem'

Default Corn Cob Pipe with 'Forever Stem'

I can't not believe what I was missing, I tried my pipe yesterday (a General) with SG Chocolat Flake and today with Frog Norton, results: Delicious!

Kudos to Walker Briar Works!

I need to get one. I've been putting it off too long.
    -Derrick
    In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

So did I sir, so did I...

... so one day I grew some cojones and I finally told SWMBO that it was a $30.00 Corn Cob with the FS or a $300.00 + new L'anatra....at the end, I secretly ordered the CC to my office, it's a miracle I still alive.

Images

Pics.
    ~ ​​Kent
    <[Self-certified Straight Shaver]>
    。。現在日本剃刀に夢中。。

Quote Originally Posted by Kentos View Post
    Pics.
    Tell you what, tomorrow morning I will take some.

Images

Please do, I'm intrigued!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

I took a quick picture with phone, I hope you can appreciate the stem quality .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19945928.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	237263

I've been pleased with my dealings with Walker.
    God loves you so much, that he made you read this, just to let you know.

Looks nice. I have been putting off getting one (or 2 ) for my cobs for awhile. I'm sure that wider bit feels more natural between the teeth. Did it seem to add any weight?
    Nick - Find me on Facebook facebook.com/nDoty & Google+ http://gplus.to/nrDoty

Quote Originally Posted by nrdoty View Post
    Looks nice. I have been putting off getting one (or 2 ) for my cobs for awhile. I'm sure that wider bit feels more natural between the teeth. Did it seem to add any weight?

Probably, however it's the most balanced CC of my collection.

Saw someplace else that this weekend Walkers is shipping all their order from Saturday and Sunday for $.01 if this is true I'll be placing an order for certain.
    -Derrick

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    Saw someplace else that this weekend Walkers is shipping all their order from Saturday and Sunday for $.01 if this is true I'll be placing an order for certain.

Yup, it is true, I received their newsletter stating just the same, I'll be ordering a nose warmer for the strolls around the park this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    Which model will you be picking up? I love my MM cob and I've been eyeing these beauties for a while. I really like the Washington and the General...Guess I'll have to buy both!
    -Connor Lawrence
    I've spent half the money I've earned in my life on wetshaving, tobacco, booze and music. The other half I've just wasted.

I am just going to be getting one or two of the stems, I already have quite a few cobs.
    -Derrick

Well dang if I hadn't just bought one pipe & have a second pending payment then I would jump on this.

....Okay, I'l be honest: I just bought one pipe & have a second pending payment but I would TOTALLY jump on this if I thought SWMBO wouldn't hurt me.

Nick - Find me on Facebook facebook.com/nDoty & Google+ http://gplus.to/nrDoty

Images

Great to know about the shipping. Looks like I'll be buying my first cob pipe this weekend! Anyone have any suggestions or is it mostly just one of those things where you buy what you like?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DC_MPA View Post
    Great to know about the shipping. Looks like I'll be buying my first cob pipe this weekend! Anyone have any suggestions or is it mostly just one of those things where you buy what you like?
    IMO, just buy what you like. Either way, corn cobs don't cost much. Do you have a CVS drug store? That is where I picked up my Missouri Meerschaum

I vote for Dane Spool with a stem anywhere from 2 5/8" to 3 1/2 is my vote. Personally bent preferred ;~)

Images

Good information to know, thanks! After reviewing their pipes I came across another question. Is there any difference in a banded vs non-banded MM cob pipe or is it just cosmetics preference?

No there is no difference. Walkers takes standard Missouri Meerschaum cobs and adds their own stems, and puts the bands on some of them.
    -Derrick