What's new

Bay Rum, talk to me!

I hit the Masters today. Not as nice as Captain's, but not bad. Subtle for a bay rum, not a bad burn, faded in a reasonable time. Cheap as dirt. :)

Honey Bee Gardens has a really nice Bay Rum aftershave splash. But it hurts like the dickens, it's got like 40% alcohol so it really packs a hurtful sting on the neck. But it lingers on a good while and leaves the skin toned. It's cheap as well, only $8.00 for 4 oz

Pinaud Virgin Island a pretty nice one for the price. You might want to add a few drops of glycerin to tame the sting.

Ogallala bay rum sampler pack has multiple choices to choose from at a very reasonable price. Do not forget to shake them up before using or the smell will suffer drastically.

Hi,
Is there a list of suppliers anywhere for Captain's choice?
His own site doesn't ship to Ireland.

I see WCS stock it, but just wanted to see my options.
Thanks

I was a Domenica man, but after receiving a couple of Captain's Choice samples I'm with the Captain - it's the one to go for. Has the burn you're looking for, the right scent, and some glycerin to help sooth that some of the razor burn you may or may not have.

I love Captain's Choice Bay Rum! I could splash it on all day long! It feels especially great after a shave. Very soothing!

Unfortunately, my wife is not fond of the smell. She says it smells too much like cloves. If I were single, I would wear it every day. However, compromise is required in any relationship, so I wear it every other day. :shifty:

Not appropriate for me to respond here since this forum is non-commercial but if you PM me I can provide you with our list - it grows every week. I need to have the list on our site and will at some point.

You explained by PM that overseas shipping of alcohol products is the problem, thanks.
SO I'll just have to wait until I visit the US again, or until Captain's choice breaks Europe :shifty:

I think I have found my soap/aftershave combination that just works for me

Mama Bear's Spicy Lime followed by the Capt's, believe it or not the Lime soap actually can slightly break thru the scent of the CC splash and they combine nicely for me, leaves me with a very "island-y"/tropical scent.

a friend of mine sent me a couple of ogallala samples yesterday, tried the Lime/Peppercorn, no burn at all (slightly shocked about that actually), scent was nice, skin not quite as smooth as the capt's though, not sure why but I'm not gonna argue. scent did not linger as long as I would have liked, its a bit sweeter smelling and clovey, but nice, still like the Capt's a bit better, skin is softer after use and fragrance a bit more masculine. will try the regular bay rum tonite and see how it goes. sniff test in the sample bottle tells me it is very clovey, but i'll give it a try anyway.

Captains Choice is a good product. The scent and feel surprised me. I forgot how much a bay rum can burn though. WOW.

Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum - Master Bay Rum -

I saw a post somewhere here about a 50-50 mix of PVIBR/MBR. I tried it and put in a cruet bottle and use for AS splash. I like it better than either BR on its own. The Master's seems to tone down the heavier clove of the PPVIBR and the result is rather pleasant and lasts longer than straight Masters. IMO of course.

Top Bottom