What's new

Interesting blade find...

I just spent time with the in-laws, about 500 miles away. They live in a very small town and being bored out of my mind, I killed an hour or so and checked out most of the of the stores in town. I found shaving stuff! Boy, was I shocked! I found DE blades in a Family Dollar store that are the store brand made by ASR and they had a "Blades Made In Isreal" sticker on the package! They were $1 for 5 in a plastic dispenser. If they are good, I'll get more. The blades have noting but arrows indicating which direction to dispense from written on them. It will be interesting to see how they compare to what we consider IPs! It will probably be the middle of next week before I try them out. I'll post an update after I've actually used one.

I usually use Bic disposables when I travel via airplane. I used Bic Metal Razors before they were discontinued and discovered wet shaving. Family Dollar also had Bic Metal Razors. These were marked "Made in Greece". I also bought a 5 pack to try.

The third shaving item I found was Van Der Hagen shave soap at the Rite Aid drug store. I haven't seen it in person before and picked one up. I'm going to try it tomorrow AM.

You can find the Bic Metal Razors from your local "Walgreens" pharmacy. I emailed Bic and told them I was having problems and they sent me two packs of ten each. Seems like a very customer oriented business.

I also found that the Bic Sensitive Razors give a respectable shave if you are in a bind and don't have time to really enjoy your shave and take the time to do it right.

I've started carrrying them on my business trips and have been very satisfied with tem.

Enjoy your shave... :biggrin:

Top Bottom