What's new

Sunburn help

So I was out at the Long Beach Grand Prix all weekend and forgot sunblock so now my face is nice and burned, my question is what is the best way to remedy a sunburn so I can attempt to comfortably shave? I enjoyed some excellent racing but now I won't be able to enjoy an excellent shave for a few days although I have to shave everyday. Besides drinking plenty of water and some aloe is there anything that will help heal my face or certain shave techniques that will allow me to shave comfortably while burned?

Limit your shaving to WTG for a few days and apply ASB with aloe (or Witch Hazel with aloe) afterwards and before bed. There is no "quick fix". Do not apply anything containing alcohol. You need to keep your skin moisturized.

Last edited:
Originally from Florida, I used to use a lotion called Ocean Potion. It has aloe, plus moisturizers, never left my skin with the oily feeling that a lot of the others will. It was great stuff. Sometimes if applied really early on a light sunburn wouldn't peel either. Most places like CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart all carried it.

Limit your shaving to WTG for a few days and apply ASB with aloe (or Witch Hazel with aloe) afterwards and before bed. There is no "quick fix". Do not apply anything containing alcohol. You need to keep your skin moisturized.

That's what I would do.

Originally from Florida, I used to use a lotion called Ocean Potion. It has aloe, plus moisturizers, never left my skin with the oily feeling that a lot of the others will. It was great stuff. Sometimes if applied really early on a light sunburn wouldn't peel either. Most places like CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart all carried it.

+1, you can get the gel formula that has lidocaine

I use this.Its Equate After Sun Lotion with Lidocaine and Aloe and menthol .Its only $4 for a big bottle at Wal-Mart
$0007874214283_215X215.jpg

Been drinking plenty of water and used my thayers witch Hazel before bed, morning, and after my shave and the burn has turned into a nice looking tan now in one day. Gotta love the California sun and how quickly it turns to a tan. The thing I find most people forget about with sunburns is how much extra water your body needs to heal it up and tan it out to prevent future burns.

Top Bottom