What's new

Bath Soap Suggestions

Santa Maria Novella Sapone Per Uomo Soap or almost anything QCS does. Some you'll like and others your taste will shun as per normal. Try Red Dragon.

I've always had good luck with Savon de Marseille. Its a classic and simple soap and its available with crushed herbs or flowers if you want a scent, or somewhat unscented with the olive oil or palm oil its made with if you don't. It always leaves my skin moisturized without that tight, pulled-skin feeling I get from grocery store soap.

Based on the scents the OP likes, I'd suggest trying Orange Blossom, Verbena, or Grapeseed, or plain old Palm Oil.

These can be found pretty easily online.

Zumbar has some good soaps. They have goat's milk and provide great skin hydration. I have used the cedar, Frankencense and Myrrhwhich both have great scents. I still have bars of Lavendar and Anise, and sea salt to try.

Jim

My goodness - you ARE a good friend! I bought the Signature cream, Cooling Gel and moisturizer and rec'd a free "Invigorating" soap (peppermint) - my wife has already instructed me to reorder the moisturizer, add in a night-cream and get some more soap. Scary how easy it is to become used to finer things
Love the Nancy Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$Grundy 001.jpg

This morning I opened my last bar of Grundy, so I had to go dumpster diving for the wrapper, but here's a pic. of the soap. They push the envelope of soap making. Big bold scents. This Vetiver is not for the timid, as there is nothing airy, and or lite about it at all. Which is probably why I like their product's so much.

Zumbar has some good soaps. They have goat's milk and provide great skin hydration.
I have used the lemon grass Zumbar soap and really enjoyed it. As you say, great hydration. I find that it doesn't last so well, though. I was able to pick up some bars of lilac cheap when my grocer was selling out of the stuff. Don't know if they ever restocked or not.

My favorites have been Mama Bear bath soaps. I was using the Aged Spice bath soap, Aged Spice shave soap, and Old Spice aftershave, and Old Spice deoderant stick. I try and pick out all of my scented stuff to either match or at least compliment each other, but sometimes I have to use something unscented to keep from getting overpowering or avoid fragrance clashes.

I have used the lemon grass Zumbar soap and really enjoyed it. As you say, great hydration. I find that it doesn't last so well, though. I was able to pick up some bars of lilac cheap when my grocer was selling out of the stuff. Don't know if they ever restocked or not.

I agree, the bars don't seem to last very long.

The Bliss Lemon is a lemon lime smell, great lather and lasts quite a while. They make a Mammoth Minty bar, it is huge and very minty, great for summertime, a true eye opener and 1 bar will last the summer. The Sharps Happy Me All Over is a fine product, doesn't dry you out, smells good and lasts a good amount of time. i am using the sharps now, I used to use Nancy Boy but as someone wrote they changed it and it doesn't last as long but it is a fine product. Everything from Nancy boy is pretty good stuff, we use thier laundry detergent, my wife says we get very little lint in the drier when we use it so our clothes will last longer.

My friends,
I have used Nancy Boy, and Toms as well. Not to my liking.
I found a pure vegetable , oil soaps that are tripple milled.They last about 4 months, worth the 10 bucks.
Look at Mistral soaps, look at Michael Design Works , look at Provence de province.
What started my search, have always used a harsh, deoderant soap all my life. Now 60 and hit the nail on the head.
They are made in France, and England. Mistral is made in Italy.
I use an olive grove by MDW.
Mistral does a lilac, when placed in your bathroom, it feels like spring. They smell true, and good.
Again, natural, vegetable soaps.
They have all scents BTW
Again, a treat , like the best shave hunt !

Nice day

Jimmy

I googled for essential oils around me. The guy who runs the shop cuts off a huge slab of soap for about $4.50. It's a really good deal although I think his shaving soap (which doesn't lather well) dries a bit much. I'm going to finish it off though I think, and then find a soap a little less drying or just move on.

Look at Queen Charlotte Soap. Matt's products have been my go to for a while. The other plus is that he is one of our own.

Tom

Top Bottom