What's new

It's Officiial: I've Been Chosen!

After almost a year and a half of traditional shaving I finally threw in the towel and ordered a bottle of The Veg. It's fabulous! I don't get any of the bad stuff some people talk about. To me it just lives up to its name: Lilac. Vegetal. Nothing more, nothing less.

The vegetal notes fade after a while, but the lilac persists. In fact, it's one of the longest-lasting scents I've tried -- right up there with AV Musk and Clubman SR. Yet the floral scent is mild, and it mellows as the day wears on -- a wonderful, old-school splash.

My only regret is that I waited so long to try it.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The Veg has got to be the most mysterious and unpredictable AS splash ever.Smells good on some,smells rancid on others.I wonder sometimes if some are getting rotten bottles of it.
The sample I got was horrible and tossed it.But I dont know if I want to pluck down cash for another bottle to give it a second chance.

Excellent, Glad you have joined the Proud few who wear the VEG. It does linger just be careful at work, might offend some but to me its perfect. You are now one of the ones who GETS it not sure what is wrong with everyone else I guess they just aren't man enough to wear the veg.
Aaron

Thanks to all of you Veg Rockers! (Not as in rocking chair, mind you...)

The Veg has got to be the most mysterious and unpredictable AS splash ever.Smells good on some,smells rancid on others.I wonder sometimes if some are getting rotten bottles of it.
The sample I got was horrible and tossed it.But I dont know if I want to pluck down cash for another bottle to give it a second chance.

As with any scent, much has to do with the way it interacts with your body chemistry. I'm guessing that if it didn't work for you the first time, it won't the second time around, either.

Congrats, welcome to the Chosen! I will Rock The Veg today in your honor.

Thank you, thank you! I'm rockin' it as I write this. :thumbup:

Excellent, Glad you have joined the Proud few who wear the VEG. It does linger just be careful at work, might offend some but to me its perfect. ...

You're right, I think I'll avoid the heavy pour with this one.

Well...I got my bottle of Veg yesterday from WCS and was so geeked up to join the club. Then it happened. After a palm and a half application to my face, I smelled like I'd fallen into a Port-O-Let filled with urinal pucks. I struggled through an hour just to see if it would change, but alas, it was not to be. I had to wash it off. I felt like an utter failure. I won't be deturd (misspelling and pun intended). I'm going to give it another less liberal shot before considering it a lost cause. Wish me luck!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Viseguy:
Good show that you've been chosen...and now;
proxy.php
You're a proud member (along with anyone using Clubman products), of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a.'The Club')".

I will now administer (written by our scribe, member Mario [a.k.a. Gatsby]), the Order of Pinaud sacred Oath...please repeat after me;

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club") through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my (name your razor), and, my lance, my (name your brush): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
proxy.php

attachment.php
"Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

attachment.php

I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club") through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my R41 (to name the most lethal weapon in the arsenal), and, my lance, my Omega 49 (the one with the most backbone): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble.

Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity, strike down the calumniators who accuse me of cavorting among felines with overly full bladders. Seal with masking tape of high quality the mouths of those who ascribe to me an involuntary change of gender and an advancement of years even unto the grave, or at least perilously close thereto. Guide and protect me and all my brethren (and sistern) on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to the Oath!

Ah, men!

Well...I got my bottle of Veg yesterday from WCS and was so geeked up to join the club. Then it happened. After a palm and a half application to my face, I smelled like I'd fallen into a Port-O-Let filled with urinal pucks. I struggled through an hour just to see if it would change, but alas, it was not to be. I had to wash it off. I felt like an utter failure. I won't be deturd (misspelling and pun intended). I'm going to give it another less liberal shot before considering it a lost cause. Wish me luck!

Try mixing just a few drops with witch hazel. Less is more with all of the Pinaud ASes that I've tried (with the exception of the mild Citrus Musk). If it doesn't work out, don't feel like a failure, just put it down to body chemistry or personal druthers, and move on. Good luck!

For Viseguy, our new brother...cue the music!

For liv2yrd who nobly tried...our condolences, but three cheers for the effort! Salute!​

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness I decanted all my Pinaud products in new glass hot sauce bottles.I did a sniff of The Veg in the original bottle and the glass,it was like night and day,it makes a big difference in all the Pinaud products.The Veg smells more floral,no used kitty litter scent at all.

In all seriousness I decanted all my Pinaud products in new glass hot sauce bottles.I did a sniff of The Veg in the original bottle and the glass,it was like night and day,it makes a big difference in all the Pinaud products.The Veg smells more floral,no used kitty litter scent at all.

+1

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club") through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my R41 (to name the most lethal weapon in the arsenal), and, my lance, my Omega 49 (the one with the most backbone): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble.

Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity, strike down the calumniators who accuse me of cavorting among felines with overly full bladders. Seal with masking tape of high quality the mouths of those who ascribe to me an involuntary change of gender and an advancement of years even unto the grave, or at least perilously close thereto. Guide and protect me and all my brethren (and sistern) on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to the Oath!

Ah, men!

Classic...:lol1:

attachment.php
"Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

I don't think it's the juice, it's the man and the chemistry between the juice, the skin, and the olfactory receptors. A very strange and mystical brew is the Veg... I'm glad to count myself among the chosen. If I'd had only gone by what I sniffed in the store, I would not have tried it, but I decided to give it a chance, it's worth the try, and there's always someone who'd take the bottle off your hands if you are not chosen.

Did you put it all over your body, AS THE BOTTLE COMMANDS???

I'm finding that The Veg makes a great body splash. I was wishing I had some handy after my shower at the gym today. May have to decant some into a small bottle to carry in my gym bag.

Top Bottom