What's new

Soothe Razor Burn with Tea Bags

Hope this hasn't been posted already.

If your foray into the world of traditional wetshaving left you with a little razor burn, weblog Gomestic says applying a tea bag to the inflamed skin can reduce the pain. In fact, the post offers 15 unusual uses for tea bags, the majority of which involve pain relief in one form or another. I've only been a tea drinker for health reasons (oh, and for "aging" paper for middle school projects), but if you're hip to alternate uses for tea, let's hear how it worked out for you in the comments.

http://lifehacker.com/software/clever-uses/soothe-razor-burn-with-a-tea-bag-315083.php

I think a nice Earl Grey, if you shave in the morning...otherwise I'd suggest something like an herbal chamomile, or "Sleepy Time" for night shavers.

But it looks like we loose tea drinkers are out of luck!

I used chamomile when I gave it a try. I didn't really see and kind of razor burn relief, but at the time I was using a M3 with can goo, so it was kind of like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. :lol:

I'm curious to know if anyone has or plans to try this and how did it work?

Tea contains tannin which is well known to decrease bleeding. It doesn't matter if it's green, black, etc. Many folks that have had a wisdom tooth extraction, including myself have been told to place a wet tea bag on the extraction site instead of gauze to help decrease the bleeding. Tannin is also thought to have astringent properties, which may help curb the razor burn. Hope the info helps!

Tea contains tannin which is well known to decrease bleeding. It doesn't matter if it's green, black, etc. Many folks that have had a wisdom tooth extraction, including myself have been told to place a wet tea bag on the extraction site instead of gauze to help decrease the bleeding. Tannin is also thought to have astringent properties, which may help curb the razor burn. Hope the info helps!

Well then,
I'll just enjoy a big ol glass of young Cabernet the next I rough meself up :a54:

Top Bottom