What's new

Getting a good lather from canned shave creams

I got really sensitive skin, and the only shave cream that dosen't irritate my skin is this one:
http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/products/therapeutic-shave-gel

Every soap I've tried irritated my skin, and this one doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it at all.

The problem is that I can't get a good lather with it using a brush, therefore, without using the brush I get an inferior shave. If I spray a little of it in a cup and try and use my brush to work up a better lather it absorbs into the brush and doesn't transfer to my face. I instead apply the cream with my hands and then use the brush to work it around to lift the hairs, but i still don't get a close shave.

Is there anythign I can put into the cup to make it lather more, or maybe there are better methods to shaving with canned cream and a brush?

Last edited:
If you have very sensitive skin you might take it easy on the "close shaves", just take "pleasant shaves".
You could experiment by adding some liquid glycerin in that bowl. I haven't tried that combination but if you give it a try it couldn't hurt.

lol. You're not supposed to use a brush with canned shaving cream. Even if it's Proraso or whatever. You're supposed to squirt it on your finger tips and message it on your finger tips.

Top Bottom