What's new

Citizen Eco-Drive

I've got an Eco-Drive diver that I've worn every day for the last 7 years or so and I've beaten it nearly to death, yet the only issues with it are a few scratches on the crystal. I'd buy another on in a heartbeat.

I've had two of these now (my wife insisted on replacing the original bought by an ex-girlfriend even though it worked fine) and love them both. I've had no issues and certainly don't baby them.

Have had a miliatary style black face one for several years, worn through everything. Had to replace the strap when it wore out the the watch just goes on and on and looks as new.

I'd recommend one.

Gareth

I had the same frustration with battery powered watches. I love my EcoDrive and have worn it almost every day for 5 years. I did get a low battery warning when I left it in a dark room for a week but a couple of hours in the window sill fixed that. It's a great watch and I'd buy another in an instant.

I've had an Eco Drive for about 5 years now, and I love it. It's a stainless model (I forget the name) and it's only drawback is that it's heavy. My sons argue about who gets it when I kick the bucket.
Never had any problems, and I sure love not buying batteries.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Anyone here recommend Eco-Drives? I've been burned in the past by non-battery watches ...

The Eco-drive is actually a battery-powered quartz watch ... but the battery is rechargeable, and is recharged by solar power through the watch face. Hence the "leave it in the light" advice.

(As with any rechargeable battery, the battery in this will eeeeeeventually wear out and need replacing, but not for a long long time. If you let the battery totally discharge (by leaving it somewhere dark) the battery life is shortened, but if kept more-or-less fully charged the battery life is maximized.

I've an Eco drive chrono (the current brown faced one). It's great, and almost unnaturally accurate.

I have probably owned mine for 6 years also. I honestly let it sit for a couple of years without being worn, I was sure it was done, but still works and is still a great watch. I would definatly recommend it.

I love my Citizen watch, a Nighthawk! It keeps great time and never needs a battery. Way better than Seiko and other automatic/kinetic watches I've owned.

Solid bit of timepiece. I've a Eco-drive dive watch that I actually dive with as well as wear daily and have never had an issue.

I've had mine for 8 years and love it.

Attachments

• $Photo Apr 15, 5 34 48 PM.jpg
    $Photo Apr 15, 5 34 48 PM.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 241
I've had mine for 2 years with no problems. It can sit around longer than an automatic and doesn't need a battery.

Citizen Calibre 2100 for 8-9 yrs. No problems. It's really a "wear it and forget it" kind of watch. My daughter (who is allergic to nickel) wears one of their pure Titanium watches with very good results.

Attachments

• $watch.jpg
    $watch.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 198
I have the Stars and Stripe yatching watch, love the watch but has very poor lume. If I was going to get an EcoDrive agaon (great watches) I would get a Nighthawk.

Top Bottom