What's new

*NEW* Super Max Super Stainless Green

Just had some of these come in yesterday. I haven't seen them mentioned on the forum before. It has the "New Ion Edge/Stays Sharper Longer." I am about to find out.

Anyone else tried these?

$468e23c50672297b9c05b971e57ed304.image.150x89.jpg

I have to say that the SuperMax Titaniums are about as good as anything out there, but they get no love at all on this forum. I'd be interested in trying the new "green" ones too, but they'd have to be pretty darn good to match the Titanium.

These are different than the green/orange package. The package actually says "Green" as does the blade.

For my first shave, I loaded one in a Milord and face-lathered Arko Maximum Comfort. The results were ok, but the shave seemed a little rough. Perhaps not a good razor/blade combo and my lather was a bit "hurried." We will see what tomorrow will bring.

As far as the Super Max go: I really like the Super Stainless that 5savages posted, I like the Platinum ones, the Blue Diamonds were just ok for me. I have used the Sunrise, but I cannot remember the shave. I have not tried the Super Platinum nor the Titanium.

Got them here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Super-M...933?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c25cc89ed

For me, the Supermax Super Platinum is one of the best blades out there....only blade I like more is the Iridium super...the stainless steel I don't find as smooth or sharp

After a few days with this blade I am undecided. Most shaves have been a bit rushed and under-lathered. I think I will try my red tip next.

I have been getting a fine shave, but it just seems so rough.

A little more experimentation is needed.

After a few days with a variety of creams, these are still rough for me. Using my red tip was no better. I've not give up yet, I have plenty of other razors to try, as well as many of these blades to experiment with. I will say one thing: They do seem to last. The shave quality did not degrade any, but then it wasn't that great to start with! These first two blades I dumped early hoping a fresh one would be better in another razor.

Top Bottom