What's new

Opinions Needed on Skincare Please

You guys have helped me so much with shaving that I now ask your help with skincare. A recent post of mine says I am enjoying Molton Brown products. Well that has changed. For some reason they are burning the hell out of my eyes even though I do not put product anywhere near them. I have used various L'Occitane products with little results. Kiehl's was not great either. Clinique is fine for me but I do not Like Estee Lauder's animal testing policy. I use Cetaphil daily cleanser and find it to be decent but doesn't clean very well. I use Dickinson's witch hazel as a toner which I simply love. So I guess I am looking for an age defense moisturizer as well as something for my eyes. Ironically I do not believe any of these actually work for wrinkles. But my logic is they couldn't hurt.I have very normal skin that is a drop sensitive. I try to avoid any company that animal tests any of their products or ingredients if possible. And I try to avoid parabens. The two brands I have my eye on are Nancy Boy(like their shave cream) and Biotherm. I have heard good things about both. I also hear good things about Cerave. So any opinions or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I used to try all different kinds of products, but started with the oil cleansing method when I found B&B. My skin seems to look best when I'm doing this. I sometimes forget that and revert back to using face wash instead, and then am reminded how much better my skin looks/feels when I rememebr to go back into the OCM routine.

I go the simple route and just rub the oil mixture in before I shower, then let it soak in while I shower and try to get it off as best as possible at the end of my shower. Before bed, I just splash some water on my face and use avocado oil as a moisturizer.

Nancy Boy Shave cream is excellent, though expensive in how fast you might go through it. I still suggest it. I don't know if Jack Black Moisturizer with SPF has parabens or animal testing (this is from my phone), but with easier access to the Internet will provide answers. From personal use, very nice stuff. Oh, I also use Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub every other day when I shower and it is amazing and sure to last a LONG time. What else... Thayer's Toner (no alcohol) is a mainstay in my bathroom. I use it with my shaves when witchhazel isn't included in an aftershave, to cleanse my face after sweating heavily or doing a dirty job, and to wash up before hitting the hay. I don't put on a pad or cotton ball; just pour a small handful and splash it on my face. Probably go through a bottle a month, maybe a bit longer. Awesome stuff. I refer to it as holy water! :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom