Thread: Storing Cella...closed container or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Storing Cella...closed container or not?

Hey folks,

I just ordered a brick of Cella, and as it's considered a "soft soap", I'm wondering if once I remove an amount from the brick, if I'd need to store that small amount in a sealed container of some sort, or if it would just be alright leaving it in the bottom of an open shaving mug.

Thanks much,
    Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

How long are you planning to keep using it before you run out. If it's going to sit out for an extended period of time (more than a few weeks,) I would certainly cover it. All of the Italian Soft Soaps I have come from the factory with lids, so keeping in the spirit of the manufacturer I put a lid on it all of the time.
    A relationship with shaving requires a lot of work and commitment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morganjg View Post
    How long are you planning to keep using it before you run out. If it's going to sit out for an extended period of time (more than a few weeks,) I would certainly cover it. All of the Italian Soft Soaps I have come from the factory with lids, so keeping in the spirit of the manufacturer I put a lid on it all of the time.
    I'd agree with morganjg. I keep my P.160 in the container ItalianBarber sent it in and it's kept fresh for a while now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBass View Post
    Hey folks,

I just ordered a brick of Cella, and as it's considered a "soft soap", I'm wondering if once I remove an amount from the brick, if I'd need to store that small amount in a sealed container of some sort, or if it would just be alright leaving it in the bottom of an open shaving mug.

Thanks much,
    Joe
    After I remove what I need, I re-wrap the brick in the wrapper it came in, put it in the box, and put it away. The part in the mug for shaving is left out on the bathroom sink. I don't anticipate any problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    After I remove what I need, I re-wrap the brick in the wrapper it came in, put it in the box, and put it away. The part in the mug for shaving is left out on the bathroom sink. I don't anticipate any problems.
    This is basically what I had in mind. Just wondering if there might be issues with it drying out or somehow becoming less than optimal if left uncovered. Thanks for the help, guys.

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Images

Here's Marco's post on the matter. Lots of great info.
    Me likey soaps ~Sam (subpar honer extraordinaire!) ... 3017ing Monsavon
    Have a question? PM a Mod ................................ Be sure to check out the B&B Video Library

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I'm currently using my Cella mashed down in a mug, uncovered (see avatar). To my senses, it smells and looks the same as the pieces that I still have wrapped in plastic wrap. Others may not advocate what I'm doing, but hey, it seems to work for me. Of course, if it goes raccid in the future I'll post my failure and advise others not to follow in my footsteps.
    -- Eric --
    "I'm afraid the lemur got into the pudding cups."

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBass View Post
    Hey folks,

Thanks much,
    Joe
    Do you have any type of closed container such as a used shaving cream jar? It will dry and harden ass well as start to lose the scent if left exposed to the air.

If you want to keep it in a shaving mug just put a little out at a time not a big blob.

It works fine if it hardens a little so as long as you do not put a lot out and use it regularly you should be fine in an open shaving mug
    Mick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I try to keep all my soaps in something with a closed lid. I imagine that it helps keep the scent longer.
    ~~~~ Brent

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Images

Closed. Savor that scent!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison