What's new

Darwin Deluxe DE set

Congratulations! Your Darwin looks like a beauty. There's a post on this Board someplace that sets out the date of manufacture based on the patent.

The Darwin is completely unique. I have a Standard which I understand shaves just like a Deluxe, and mine is a close and rather aggressive shaver. A great razor that provides a great shave.

Awesome est Jake!
I got a Darwin Standard, these are great razors but not for someone looking for a mild shave IMHO.
For me they are very efficient and give a close shave. You can really feel the blade gliding across your skin, almost like a 2011 R41, so make sure your lather is any good.

Nice one Jake. Glad you finally got one.

I agree with Marcel and Haiku, my Darwin Deluxe is not mild! It's actually the most efficient razor I own...DE or SE. It will take more off in one pass than even my Streamline or OCMM. It is definitely a unique shave unlike anything I have ever experienced. Very smooth. I have not tried the 2011 R41 so I cannot comment but this razor will never leave my stable. And being cobalt steel, it looks as beautiful today as it did in 1930! And it's a 3 piece so no problems with mechanisms getting gunked up or out of whack. It is hands down my favorite DE and quite possibly my favorite razor period. I know they are very hard to get being so rare and expensive but if you have the means, get one.

Wow those pics a nice. I'm always on the lookout for unique razors at antique stores or fairs but haven't seen a one. Very interesting razor there Jake. Thanks for the wonderful pics!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Congratulations Jake! Great score and beautiful pictures. :thumbup:

I believe the Darwin Deluxe is one of the most uniquely beautiful and well designed DE razors ever made. It's solid cobalt steel construction moves it to a class all it's own.

Top Bottom