What's new

Free Shipping

I would like to ask an innocent question and I mean no negative things.

I was wondering if a vendor offers free shipping to CONUS for say, orders over $100, why isn't it possible to offer the same amount of discount for international shipments as well for the same deal? I don't mean free shipping but whatever the international shipping cost may be minus the dollar amount for CONUS shipping. It just makes me sad that not many vendors offer free shipping for the neighbours up north. :001_unsur

fendrihan does free shipping on orders over 60 for us canucks but his bb code for 10 % off is a better deal well for me since i live about 45 minutes away lol

I know what you mean. If you're doing a large order sometime it's still worth it to shop American since they have lower prices as well as no taxes. Might take a little longer to get here though (which is what I'm experiencing now). I'll definitely give Italian Barber and Fendrihan a shot next time.

I dunno, I feel like you have some of the best vendors around up there in Canada. Not taking anything away from ours here either, but Italian Barber, Fendrihan... I've always gotten a great buy and great service!

And may I correct what was stated above, Italian Barber carries most of the big brands like TOBS, GFT, Tabac, MWF, Conk and more as well as the Italian products. Beteen them and Fendrihans offerings I don't know if you'd need for much sold down here!

plus our walmarts keep the aqua velva original sport lol which i feel will be the final straw that brings our lands into war

What I meant to say was that for example, WCS is offering free shipping for CONUS order of over $80 and QCS for over $50 so what stops them from offering Canadian shipping cost minus what US shipping cost would've been. So say, CONUS shipping costs $5, why can't they dock that from international shipping?

And may I correct what was stated above, Italian Barber carries most of the big brands like TOBS, GFT, Tabac, MWF, Conk and more as well as the Italian products. Beteen them and Fendrihans offerings I don't know if you'd need for much sold down here!

I stand corrected, actually just placed a very nice size order with them, I just wished they had carried Dr. Harris. :lol: Just was thinking about that!

Snarky answer: If you ask most American vendors to make special arrangements for all their Canadian shipments, their answer would be "oh, both of them?" :)

Less snarky answer: most vendors here will take care of you if you engage them and ask their help. That said, domestic shipping is usually as easy as printing a label that Paypal automatically generates and letting the post office come pick it up. International shipments involve special forms and a physical visit to the Post Office and all the horrors that entails. It's not as simple as the difference in postage costs.

idk, it just seems that it would be a nice touch since they\'re providing discount for our american brothers, they could share some of that discount with us forlks up north

it doesn't cost that much more to ship from the US to Canada & from Canada to the US. It does (from what I have found) cost more to ship from Canada to a Canadian address. What I could ship to the states for $7 would cost about $13 to ship in Canada.....weird!

What I meant to say was that for example, WCS is offering free shipping for CONUS order of over $80 and QCS for over $50 so what stops them from offering Canadian shipping cost minus what US shipping cost would've been. So say, CONUS shipping costs $5, why can't they dock that from international shipping?

Actually, the easiest way (imo) is PayPal to send something across the border. Everytime I've sent something to the States, it a mouse click, fill in the declaration, hit print.........done! It couldn't be easier! Nor running out to the Post Office, no standing in line ups, nothing! At least, that's how it works for me up here.

Snarky answer: If you ask most American vendors to make special arrangements for all their Canadian shipments, their answer would be "oh, both of them?" :)

Less snarky answer: most vendors here will take care of you if you engage them and ask their help. That said, domestic shipping is usually as easy as printing a label that Paypal automatically generates and letting the post office come pick it up. International shipments involve special forms and a physical visit to the Post Office and all the horrors that entails. It's not as simple as the difference in postage costs.

Seems like a nice idea to me. There are some complications with forms that have to be filled out for international shipping (at least out of US to other countries).

Top Bottom