What's new

stropping razor on arm

I've been shaving for a long time, and accidents still happen. Many people do many things that aren't the safest and get away with them. Me? I'd strop on my forearm and end up slicing an artery when my 3-yr-old busted into the room or my cat decided to jump up and see what I was doing.

For what its worth, I had a couple of nicks on my strop and it was thick enough that I was able to get a 200 grit sanding block and sand them smooth.

Yes it's possible, a better option would be to use the heal of your hand. I use this frequently when I'm on short trips.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Straight shavers will find the chink in armor every time. It's all I good fun.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Takes the term man made leather literally. This could be the only strop you don't need to oil but do need to shave.
Can you do it: Yes you can.
should you do it: well I would advise against it.
All jokes aside, with other cheap options like news paper, a old used leather belt or sanding out the nicks in your current strop, I don't think the risk(no matter how small the risk is) is worth it.

you mean like this?

That'll buff right out!

Attachments

• $strop2.jpg
    $strop2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 154
I palm strop often while honing. As for your question, the only concern I would have about the arm is hair. Not sure if you have arm hair, but I'd be concern the impact it might have on the edge.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Scroll to the end of the video for some fast palm stropping by
Mastro Livi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang the strop higher, maybe on a door hook and don't lift the spine when stropping. That should reduce the chances of cutting it.

it will break you from nicking your strop i promise you....

OH MYYY..,..it another one of these gut busting funny threads that i wish i saw first.
i am frickin cracking up reading this.

now i need a new keyboard, this one full of coffee!

Scroll to the end of the video for some fast palm stropping by
Mastro Livi

Man I am not saying it doesn't work or anything but Dang! He hones and strops like a guy who hates his blade! If I ever tried stopping like that I would role the edge for sure. That hand thing moreover, is just spooky lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
like legion i do strop a pass or two on my palm while honing......

but cutting my hand and cutting my arm are two wildly different animals... lol...

Man I am not saying it doesn't work or anything but Dang! He hones and strops like a guy who hates his blade! If I ever tried stopping like that I would role the edge for sure. That hand thing moreover, is just spooky lol.

No kidding, he slaps the blade against the hones and everything else.

That is a HUGE razor, he takes that thing to shave ready in about 4 minutes, he hones and strops like he is punishing the razor. I love the final test-shave test with a dry face.

Top Bottom