What's new

Ordered a Chosera 1K

After a long time thinking about it, I finally ordered one. Hopefully I can retire the DMT.

How do you guys like your Chosera 1K's?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You guys are using it for ebayed razors right? If you just to rehone a razor already in the rotation what do you guys do? Just curious.

You guys are using it for ebayed razors right? If you just to rehone a razor already in the rotation what do you guys do? Just curious.
For ebay razors since I don't have a chosera, I use my DMT, then coti, JNAT.

If I am touching up a razor, just the JNAT or recently I have been trying a coti with oil. Coti with oil gives the renewed edge of a coti but with some extra keenness.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Since I stopped buying eBay specials I don't touch my Nani's or DMTs at all.
I was able to hone a chip out of a Kamisori with a botan nagura pretty quickly- maybe refreshing the slurry 3-4 times, maybe 10 minutes tops.

You jnat guys need to try some nagura :smile:.

I followed Iwasaki's honing paper, and stropped 5 laps on .1 CBN between the Tomonagura slurry and doing the short perpendicular strokes on water. Root in HHTs were the result.

Sorry bout the hijack Evan...;)

Since I stopped buying eBay specials I don't touch my Nani's or DMTs at all.
I was able to hone a chip out of a Kamisori with a botan nagura pretty quickly- maybe refreshing the slurry 3-4 times, maybe 10 minutes tops.

You jnat guys need to try some nagura :smile:.

I followed Iwasaki's honing paper, and stropped 5 laps on .1 CBN between the Tomonagura slurry and doing the short perpendicular strokes on water. Root in HHTs were the result.

Sorry bout the hijack Evan...;)

No worries :)

I'll probably pick up some more Nagura eventually, stop tempting me! my wife already has a hard time with me buying a bunch of rocks lol.

Thanks for the comments all, the reason I bought it was due to the speed and the claim that it leaves a less harsh scratch pattern.

I'm using a Shapton now, but I would like to try a Chosera at some point... I have bought too many hones lately though.

I'm using a Shapton now, but I would like to try a Chosera at some point... I have bought too many hones lately though.

+1, must be something in the air. I have got so many hones lately that there are several I have not even touched yet and I really have no idea when I will get the chance. Oh, there is another on the way.

I liked my Chosera 1k so much I had it cut in half!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom