What's new

2012 B&B LE Fountain Pen**Closed**

Been away for a while and look what y'all go and do while I'm gone! Wonderful looking pen and I've always kind of wanted to try ebonite (not to mention an Edison pen). That being said I made my choice when I bought the Lamy 2000. I still think I made the right choice for me but I wish I could have one of these too! ;-)

A size comparison pic between the LE and a M800 would be extremely helpful in me gauging the size of this pen since I do own one. Pretty please? :em2400:

I found this review over at fountainpennetwork.com of a Herald Grande, which is the same model. If you scroll down, there are some photos of it alongside a M800 and a M1000 as well as some others.

I found this review over at fountainpennetwork.com of a Herald Grande, which is the same model. If you scroll down, there are some photos of it alongside a M800 and a M1000 as well as some others.

Yeah, thanks for linking that. For me, having the cap on doesn't give that accurate of a size comparison as far as what it would be like to write with it. You don't know how much of the pen is "hiding" in the cap.

If my math is correct(?) from the sizes I find the LE uncapped is a touch under 1/2" bigger then an uncapped M800.

Yeah, thanks for linking that. For me, having the cap on doesn't give that accurate of a size comparison as far as what it would be like to write with it. You don't know how much of the pen is "hiding" in the cap.

If my math is correct(?) from the sizes I find the LE uncapped is a touch under 1/2" bigger then an uncapped M800.

I found the HG to be very light for the size, a real benefit of the properties of the Ebonite and hand construction.

I found the HG to be very light for the size, a real benefit of the properties of the Ebonite and hand construction.

I noticed that with last years pen which was my first ebonite pen. Is that what Brian meant as an 800 feeling "unwieldy" compared to it?
Either way, it's a beautiful pen, and I can't wait to get mine!

I've been eyeing the HG for a while, since I got my Nouveau Premiere and found it a tad smaller than I'd hoped (for my bear paws). From what I've read, I get the impression that the HG plays smaller than it looks. Most people prefer it unposted, and find it balanced and comfortable.

I couldn't be more excited now that I've decided to pull the trigger. This is a fantastic deal on a beautiful pen that will rival those twice what it SHOULD cost.

My camera battery is low so will post pics of the HG and M800 later.

Weight wise

M800 capped-29g
HG - 28 G

m800 uncapped - 20g
HG uncapped - 17g

Thanks, that's a good source for info.

Pic:
proxy.php

• [*]Body Material: black/blue swirl premium German made ebonite
    [*]Clip Material: Rhodium plated
    [*]Nib Material: polished Steel
    [*]Nib Size: #6 nib, in Xfine, (.3mm), fine (0.5mm), medium (0.635mm), or broad (0.8mm) Tip size is approximate.
    [*]Cap Type: Screw-type, postable on body
    [*]Filling Mechanism: Cartridge/converter (converter included), or convertible to an eyedropper.
    [*]Weight w/ Cap 26g
    [*]Weight w/o Cap 15g
    [*]Cap Diameter .675"
    [*]Body Diameter .575"
    [*]Length Capped 6 1/2"
    [*]Length Uncapped 5 3/8"

Top Bottom