What's new

duke 2 broken :(

Has anybody broken their brush before ? I had this brush for not even a month and last night I was shaving andhh after shave I was getting the water out of the brush to pull the water out and all the hair came out of the handle :( does brushes usually have warranty or something? Such a bad day

I had this happen to me with my Merkur Futur brush. I contacted the retailer, WCS, and they shipped a replacement and a shipping label for the return.

I'm sure Turtle is right in that Simpsons will take care of it. Don't hesitate to contact the retailer if you bought it new.

Sorry for the bad day; it'll get better.

Just bad luck I'm afraid. I had the knot come out of a handle about 20 years ago but that brush was about 20 years old at the time. A brand new brush? I 'm betting the vendor/manufacturer will have a new brush to you in no time flat.

Contact the seller first and see if they will exchange it. Otherwise, contact the manufacturer. That should not have happened. But just to note, when shaking out water from a brush, do not treat it like a whip. Just gently shake it. If you vigorously shake your brush like crazy after every shave, that could loosen the knot.

I know it's ymmv, but I stopped shaking my brushes a while back. A gentle squeeze followed by a gentle buff on a clean towel is all that is needed. Shaking the brush after every shave is just asking for trouble down the road. My brushes dry just as fast without any shaking at all. Just a thought.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Send it back directly to the Vulfix/Simpson factory on the isle of Man. Mark or Brett will certainly take care of the brush or replace it with a brand new one if necessary. The Simpsons customers service is fantastic.

Unfortunate but easily remedied. I am sure your vendor will replace the brush, but Simpson, like Marco has already said, has outstanding customer service.

Contact the seller first and see if they will exchange it. Otherwise, contact the manufacturer. That should not have happened. But just to note, when shaking out water from a brush, do not treat it like a whip. Just gently shake it. If you vigorously shake your brush like crazy after every shave, that could loosen the knot.

Shaking a brush as hard as your un-assisted wrist can shake it is not going to damage a brush that is properly glued in. There just isn't enough mass in the hair to generate enough force to pull a knot out of a handle unless there was a problem with the glue to begin with. It *will* however get more of the water out, and more importantly, the SOAPY water out, reducing/eliminating soap scum build-up in the knot.

It was just an un-fortunate "oops" in manufacturing, not getting quite enough glue in the knot. Unless the OP was "pulling" or squeezing, like as in "milking" the water from the knot, which would generate far more force than whipping it, not to mention not as effectively remove water from deep in the brush. He did use the word "PULL"... The only other thing I could think of that would be likely to cause separation would be using really hot water that either softened the glue, or caused the knot/glue/handle to expand/contract at a far different rate, separating the glue, but those kinds of temps will have detrimental long-term effects on any brush.

Top Bottom