What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

What do you think of the Omega-3s at GNC? I'm taking the one that also has Krill oil. I take one capsule twice a day.

I haven't taken a multivitamin in years. I take Viactiv Calcium/vit D chewables once in the morning and once at night.

Would you be able to post a label up for me?

I take fish oil, but I generally don't take a multi. I sometimes feel like I should because my diet isn't always as good as it should be, but I oftentimes seem to feel worse when I take a multi than when I don't.

I take fish oil, but I generally don't take a multi. I sometimes feel like I should because my diet isn't always as good as it should be, but I oftentimes seem to feel worse when I take a multi than when I don't.

Poorly done multis will do that to you. I remember taking animal pak and I was sluggish as heck. The burps that came with it forced me to d/c it after a horrible 2 weeks

I can type the ingredients list in this thread after I get home from work. Will that do?

I actually have a few mins, let me go check

GNC(39.99):

Serving Size 2 softgels
proxy.php
proxy.php
Servings Per Container 150
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Amount Per Serving% DV
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Fish Body Oil (From Sardine & Anchovy oil)1000.00 mg0%
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)300.00 mg0%
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
DHA (Docasahexaenoic Acid)200.00 mg

NOW (17.75)
500 Softgels
Serving Size2Capsules
Servings Per Container250
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value

Natural Fish Oil Concentrate2.0 g (2,000 mg)Omega-3 Fatty Acids680mgEicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)360mgDocosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)240mgOther Omega-3 Fatty Acids240mg
The numbers speak for themselves. GNC is more than 2x the price for 1/3 of the servings and 1/2 of the potency per serving.

Very informative post, thank you. Can you please share some of your most recommended vitamins?

-Orthocore (best formulated multi available)
-Orange Triad (best multi for quality vs value)
-Anavite (best for athletic performance)

Mine is slightly different.
It says:

EPA 647 mg
DHA 253 mg
neptune krill oil 300 mg

Is this an OK supplement?

That is certainly better. What does it cost you?

Thanks for the information and recommendations. I might have to tryout that Orange Triad. I am currently taking GNC Mega Men Multi, Natures Bounty Biotin, and Target Co-q10. Your thoughts on these?

It costs about a dollar a day.

That is pricey. You'd be better off using the NOW brand. NOW also makes a Super Omegas which contains a bit more than just the 3's if you wanted to look into that also. All the articles I've read on krill suggest 500mg, so while it's not pixie dusted, it falls under and industry standard of "label dressing"

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and recommendations. I might have to tryout that Orange Triad. I am currently taking GNC Mega Men Multi, Natures Bounty Biotin, and Target Co-q10. Your thoughts on these?

Biotin (b7) unless you specifically have a deficiency, is not a necessary supplementation on it's own, and most properly formulated multi's will have you covered with it.
Using coQ10 is a preferential thing, but if you use it, you want to use Ubiquinol, which is what your body has to convert it to in order to use it anyway. In conversion, you lose a good deal of it (much like cheap b vitamins instead of the co-enzymated forms) so it is best to utilize the superior form of it.

I take Ultra Vita Man from Puritan's Pride. Directions say take two per day, but I just take one.

I also take 200mcg Chromium Picolinate and three Omega 3-6-9 softgels daily as recommended by Dr. Atkins (I'm currently on a low carb. diet).

That is the vitamin I usually take too - Ultra Vita Man from PP. Curious about your thoughts on it. Was thinking of putting in another order today along with some Vit D.

It's pretty bad. There is not one thing, from the vitamins to the minerals, to the complexes that I'd sign off on if I was giving this to a client.

Can you expand on what you mean? I don't understand what the problem is with this multi.

Thanks,
John

$Capture 1.jpg
$Capture 2.JPG
$Capture 3.JPG
$Capture 4.JPG

Starting off:

Vitamin A- should use both alpha and beta carotinoids as well as retinol (only uses beta)
Vitamin C- there are better forms of C, but the dose should be at least 500mg (theirs is at 300)
Vitamin D- 400iu will do nothing, should be at least a gram (you can get 400 standing in the sun for 30mins)
Vitamin E- they use alpha toco acetate, which is cheap and ineffective (should be using mixed tocopherols)
Vitamin K- they use phyto, a cheap K1 instead of K2, and it's still underdosed
Thiamin- weak b1, this is actually overdosed (should have used Sulbutiamine)
Riboflavin- cheap b2, R-5-p is what should have been used as it doesn't need to undergo a second chemical process to be used
B6- they used pyrox hcl. Should have used p5p, as like r5 it doesn't need an extar conversion where it loses both potentcy and duration
Folic acid- form used is not show, this presents problems
Magnesium- oxide is poorly used if used at all. Much better options out there
Zinc- they used oxide, a better option is citrate or chelate
Selenium- they used selenate which like their others is a cheap mineral salt (Selenomethionine and selenium chelate much better options)
Copper- (should be citrate at least or chelate)
Manganese- (should be glycinate or chelate)
ALA- not licensed from Geronova (patent holder) nor will 30mg do anything
Choline- 10mg is a joke
"Amino acid blend"- joke. 150mg will do nothing whatsoever (this is called pixie dusting)
"Joint complex"- should be around 3grams. Is 30x underdosed
"Men's Bioactive Blend"- taking only one ingredint in this blend, pumpkin seed, it should be at 500mg-1000mg. The entire blend is 120mg
"energy blend"- 100mg blend containing 5 ingredients. Green Tea alone should be at the very least 300mg. Underdosed again
"antioxidant blend"- this should be upwards of several grams. 120mg is laughable and with most of ths pixie dusted to appear "legitimate"

Upon looking at the research I put in front of you, it is clear that this is utterly useless. You're wasting your money on something you are getting nothing from, and as someone who truly values this forum and all the great guys who have helped me on here, I can't sit quietly.

-Josh

Great stuff here. I was in the market for a new multi. I have been using One-A-Day for years, sams club fish oils, and every once in a while GNC shark cartilage (not sure if it really did anything). I am 6'1 270, lift weights on a regular basis, run 3 miles 2 days a week and take spinning classes the other 3 days. I have torn ligaments in my ankles and knees and have deteriorating vertebrea and a pinched sciatic nerve in my lower back. Needless to say my joints take a beating (working out and stretching seems to be the only thing that helps my back). I know losing a few pounds would be the best, I could probably get down to 245 and still look healthy, but I just love eating too much. Would you recommend something along the lines of the Orange Triad for someone in my shoes or would you choose another multi? Also would you recommend taking fish oils as well as taking these multis?

Last edited:
There's a lot of good information Illadelphia is sharing with everyone.

Take the time read through the information and access your personal needs. If you're hitting the gym hard, on occasion or just want to add some supplements, there are many that will work. No multi and not everyone has the same needs.

Here here Illadelphia

I've worked in the supplement industry up until last year for a little over 4 years, was responsible for formula modifications and alpha-testing as well.

Alot of people may argue against it's necessity, but as nutritional insurance, it's something I always use.

My top 3 picks:

1) AOR Orthocore
2) Controlled Labs Orange Triad
3) Gaspari Nutrition Anavite

What do you recommend for children ages 5 - 10 years old? This gummy bear stuff is catchy, but I wonder.

Top Bottom