What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

I've worked in the supplement industry up until last year for a little over 4 years, was responsible for formula modifications and alpha-testing as well.

Alot of people may argue against it's necessity, but as nutritional insurance, it's something I always use.

My top 3 picks:

1) AOR Orthocore
2) Controlled Labs Orange Triad
3) Gaspari Nutrition Anavite

ive used centrum for decades.now on centrum silver.looking into liquid for dietary concerns.with the unbalance in the modern diet,we need to supplement for balance.

ive used centrum for decades.now on centrum silver.looking into liquid for dietary concerns.with the unbalance in the modern diet,we need to supplement for balance.

It is one of the poorest formulated multi's available. Without a single efficacious dose in the formula which is headed by non-coenzymated forms of b vitamins and poor mineral forms, you are honestly better off taking nothing rather than something your body can't use.

I've used the Swanson high potency multi, without iron, for years.

There is a myriad of things wrong with this one, other than the vitamin forms, not a single chelated mineral and lastly, vanadyl sulfate, which owns a hepa-toxicity at higher doses. 10mcg is nothing to worry about but imho, it should not be in any multi

I use Solaray Spectro Multi-Vita-Min

It is better than some of what I've seen posted but it like many others has the long list of what looks good, but does nothing.

After the minerals, this entire listing does not have a single ingredient dosed high enough to have any positive effect:

Choline Bitartrate 50 mg
Inositol 50 mg
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 30 mg
Lecithin 50 mg
Bioflavonoid Concentrate 150 mg
Rutin 50 mg
Hesperidin Concentrate 50 mg
Pectin 25 mg
Boron (as Tetra-BoronTM) 1.5 mg
Spirulina 50 mg
Alfalfa Juice 125 mg
Carrot & Yam Concentrate 100 mg
Barley Grass Root Concentrate 75 mg
Rosemary Extract 25 mg
Aloe Vera Gel Concentrate 200x 2 mg
Parsley Leaves 50 mg
Pancreatin 4x 30 mg
Diastase 20 mg
Papain (from Papaya ) 50 mg
Ox Bile 20 mg
Glutamic Acid HCl 50 mg
Propolis 2x 25 mg
Royal Jelly 3.5x 4 mg
Bee Pollen 50 mg

Gents, my purpose here is not to tear down what you are using, please believe me, nor do I have any agenda of my own. I simply have found a great group here and what I lack in knowledge (that I rely on you all for) in shaving, I am well-versed as a dietician and in the arena of sports-nutrition, so I am offering my help as a simply civil servant. :thumbup:

I do sometimes take multivitamins, like Centrum, but doubt I'll buy any more. I've pretty much stopped buying processed food, and am aiming for a wider variety of foods, so I don't think the multivitamins have a great deal to offer me.
But I do have a supply of vitamin D3, 5000 IU capsules, and take one every 2 days (when I remember!) I wish I could remember the links I read before buying them, they were very convincing. D3 is supposed to have a wide range of health benefits, and is dirt cheap. As for the argument that your body generates vitamin D when exposed to sun, well (A) I live in gloomy old England, and (B) when I go outdoors it's usually only my head and hands uncovered, so do the math.

Edit> Here's one of the pages that 'turned me on' to vitamin D3: http://www.grc.com/health/Vitamin-D.htm

Last edited:
Gents, my purpose here is not to tear down what you are using, please believe me, nor do I have any agenda of my own. I simply have found a great group here and what I lack in knowledge (that I rely on you all for) in shaving, I am well-versed as a dietician and in the arena of sports-nutrition, so I am offering my help as a simply civil servant. :thumbup:
What would you recommend?

I take Alive one a day. Found at all Walmart and Target stores. It is made with whole organic vegetables and all natural substances. I'll rotate with GNC Mega Men as you need to always rotate your vitamins and supplements because your body will grow an immunity over time. Such as fish oil, you need to take Macarel 6-9 months then switch to Sardin or Tuna for 6-9 months the back to Macarel, etc.

Exactly - if you are going to tear down everyone's vitamin usage then you might first suggest what you take and support that instead of the repetitive negatives. Just my opinion.

I've worked in the supplement industry up until last year for a little over 4 years, was responsible for formula modifications and alpha-testing as well.

Alot of people may argue against it's necessity, but as nutritional insurance, it's something I always use.

My top 3 picks:

1) AOR Orthocore
2) Controlled Labs Orange Triad
3) Gaspari Nutrition Anavite

Since you missed it in the first post... :whistling:

I take Ultra Vita Man from Puritan's Pride. Directions say take two per day, but I just take one.

I also take 200mcg Chromium Picolinate and three Omega 3-6-9 softgels daily as recommended by Dr. Atkins (I'm currently on a low carb. diet).

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I take two vitamins from "now"

1. Testojack 200
2. Fish Oil

I feel much better and have more energy after starting the Testojack, and the Fish Oil has dropped my lipid count and raised my good cholesterol a lot.

I would be curious to hear what you think of that brand.

Last edited:
I take two vitamins from "now"

1. Testojack 200
2. Fish Oil

I feel much better and have more energy after starting the Testojack, and the Fish Oil has dropped my lipid count and raised my good cholesterol a lot.

I would be curious to here what you think of that brand.

I love(d) NOW, but there were some concerns with a few of their products not testing out. Again, with a company that size and over 1,000 sku's (counting scent and flavor differentials of the same sku) they are bound to hit a few snags. When their 10lb whey protein didn't meet label claims, I was kind of off-set to the brand.

Testojack, which contains tribulus will not clinically raise serum testosterone levels, but it is a decent product.

Their super omega is top notch imho.

I've been taking GNC Mega Men Energy and Metabolism. I find that I have more "pep" when I take them, as compared to when I don't.

Top Bottom